Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPod charges but doesn't come up in iTunes

Options
  • 28-12-2007 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey all,

i have a 5th generation 80 gig ipod. when i connect it to the computer it charges but it doesn't appear in itunes or in finder as a mounted drive / on the desktop.

Any reasons why this might be? It only occurs with a spare cable i got for connecting the ipod as part of a travel kit. The original cable that came with the ipod works fine but the issue is only with the travel kit cable.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

It might just need to be reset, have you tried that? (hold down the menu button and centre button until the apple logo appears)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

It only occurs with a spare cable i got for connecting the ipod as part of a travel kit.

Such cables are not fully wired , I think you will find that only the charge and line out wires are installed in the travel kit cable , there are no Data transfer connections.

Advertisement