Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Outfit

Options
  • 27-12-2007 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys :rolleyes:,

I am getting married in July 2008 in the Register Office an my fiancee and I are planning to have a small ceremony. I would love to wear a white, cream, pearl or ivory dress that will make me look stunning and elegant at the same time but not over the top.
    I am very confused in what to wear as I have been in many weddings but most of them have been big Religios ones.
    Can anybody advise any places I can shop for a simple wedding dress or any ideas in what king of dress I should get please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!
    As to what you should wear for a reg office wedding, the choice is totally up to you. I got married in a civil ceremony, wore a lovely burgundy full length dress with beading on the corset part, but the couple before us had full on white dress and veil, tails for the men, bridesmaids, pageboys, the works. So two completely different takes on what to wear - and both of them right in their own way.

There's nothing stopping you from getting a nice elegant ivory dress in a wedding dress shop, a lot of styles are very simple and not over the top. Other options would be to hit boutiques or vintage costume dress shops, and see if they carry anything you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Naty2011

Hey thanks so much for the comment it is so great to have ideas and opinions from different people as I was very confused thinking about an outfit but as ya were telling me that the choice is up me I can know pick wahtever I like and decide what to have.
    Everything now is very clear so I am delighted with the tips.
    Cheers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭DAWNRISER

Hi I too married in a registry office, and i had a stunning cream wedding dress with a veil/cloak, with bridesmaids in proper dresses and the men wore the full deal!!!
    So do whatever you want. It's so normal now for people to go for a very formal wedding , just in different surroundings.
    Best of Luck!!!

Advertisement