Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finalising My Dvd Recorder Discs ?

Options
  • 27-12-2007 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi There !.Please can you help me.Over the last 12 months I have been transferring my video collection onto DVD.All was going well until last weekend,when my Magnavox DVD Recorder died on me.
    The main problem I have is I am now left with over 100 or so discs,which I have started to put music
    etc. on to,but these DVDs have yet to be finalised {so that they will play in ANY PLAYER}.

Is it possible to still record onto and finalise these unfinalised DVDs with a different brand of DVD
    Recorder ,or can this only be done with the model I began this with {Magnavox MRV 810 H} ?

If any machine can continue the recording proccess I've started,and finalise the discs also,
    is there a model you could recommend with 160GB HDD + Divx for under €400.

Thank You Very Much For Your Help,
    Cagey Bee{Dublin}

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have you tryed putting the discs into a computer DVD RW drive? Most pc DVD RW drives afaik will read unfinalised discs no issiue, provided your running XP/Vista or latter OSX versions...

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CAGEY BEE

MANY THANKS yoyo ! WILL TRY THAT.DO YOU THINK
    I''L BE ABLE TO FINALISE THEM ASWELL ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You should be able to finalise them, not sure how you'd go about doing it, but I'm sure the likes of sonic or nero come with a finalising tool for the purpose...

Nick

Advertisement