Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh cinema

Options
  • 27-12-2007 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

So the cinema is open again in Nenagh after months and months of work.
    Has anyone been in it yet? Does it have surround sound? Just want some feedback as I don't want to waste time and money on it if it's crap.
    I normally go to storm in Limerick which is only 25 mins drive away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭techguy

I was just about to post about this in the 'Nenagh' thread..

I was there over the Christmas.. The space in the foyer seems to have been used really inefficiently in my opinion..it's a real bottleneck. But is grand..other people said the popcorn was nice but mine wasn't stale as such but not as fresh as I would of liked. It's all made beforehand and bagged so you could be getting something that was made yesterday. Pretty much hit and miss!!

The actual theatres themselves are pretty decent though nice big screen comfortable seats and yes, surround sound.

All in all it is pretty good.. You have also got to keep in mind that the building is listed (protected) so I'm sure the owner was pretty restricted with what he could do.

I am also pretty sure it's only a matter of time before one of the many developers in the area pick a site just outside the town and build a big 10 screener or something.

Oh I nearly forgot, I kept being reminded that I was in Nenagh throughout the film by the young ones at the front that were making loads of stupid noise and constantly getting up to go to the bathroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭SameDifference

Meh, I feel indifference towards the whole setup. Its a cinema. Its functional. what the hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 buttons19984

Cinema in Nenagh is ok. The fizzy drinks taste terrible so be carefull.
    Any time there is a new film out be carefull cause I have been turned away because it has been sold out. Pretty annoying in this day and age, but thank your lucky stars that we have a decent enough cinema:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

The building is alright in general, although when we were watching Juno a while back we could hear explosions and sh!t from another movie (maybe Cloverfield).

It's the management I can't stand, that crusty old c u n t who doesn't let teenagers sit anywhere near the back row as a rule. Me and my friends are a sensible enough group of people, and it's pretty focking insulting and demeaning to be told where to sit becsause "young ones do cause trouble" at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 1959

just seen the thread, said id leave an aul comment...as ya do!!
    ...was in Nenagh Cinema, and i have to say, for a town cinema, its pretty good?
    im a local myself, and im proud of it. its clean, and listing times are fairly good. staff and prices...ill get over, but general comfort is good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Noli

Hmmm might pop over there to have a goo and see what its like!whats the parking in the area like?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 1959

the streets near it are ok for parking, right outside the door is usually ok. the main st. outside it is your best bet, safer at nite with traffic passin.
    its a wel lit area anywhere you park..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Was there last night for The Hangover. Sound was very low, definately no surround sound on in Screen 3. Still its great not to have to go into Limerick to see a film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Noli

Bally8 wrote: »
    Was there last night for The Hangover. Sound was very low, definately no surround sound on in Screen 3. Still its great not to have to go into Limerick to see a film.

Went to Nenagh,twas ok nothing special,like the other poster said tis a cinema meh,sure nenagh is only 25 mins from the imc in thurles,would ya not head there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 racemaker

Went to see Transformers in Nenagh, have to say was great. Sound quality was the same as the IMC so no complaints here....the popcorn could of been a lttle fresher though :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement