Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GARMIN 250 SAT NAV Question

Options
  • 27-12-2007 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi every one

Got a sat nav for xmas and very happy with it. Was just wondering about one thing?
    I’m in Rochfortbridge Co Westmeath, and I was going to kinnegad. Rochfortbridge is now bypass. but The sat nav keep’s giving the old n6 road and not the new n6 road, when I got on the m4 in Kinnegad. it was fine why is this.

Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks every one

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

What version of maps do you have?

Iv noticed the same issues with the Garmin, and im using the latest of maps.

If I go to Tramore from Lismore Park area in Waterford, it doesnt recognise part of the ORR. It insists I go via Kilmedian - which is a complete balls of a way. Iv driven out the main road from Cork, and it doesnt recognise it as a road to Tramore. It sends me of in directions that are miles away from the town (roads which are clearly bog roads!) and does not recongise other roads leading to a place called "Fenor".

Its a ****e selection of POIs, not knowing that we have 3 Tescos in Waterford.

In the town of Tramore it seems pretty good, just has a tendency to send you weird ways to the one location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭keitht

version 9 maps i have. is ther any new maps out. and would it cost much for them.

THANKS

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    What version of maps do you have?

Iv noticed the same issues with the Garmin, and im using the latest of maps.

If I go to Tramore from Lismore Park area in Waterford, it doesnt recognise part of the ORR. It insists I go via Kilmedian - which is a complete balls of a way. Iv driven out the main road from Cork, and it doesnt recognise it as a road to Tramore. It sends me of in directions that are miles away from the town (roads which are clearly bog roads!) and does not recongise other roads leading to a place called "Fenor".

Its a ****e selection of POIs, not knowing that we have 3 Tescos in Waterford.

In the town of Tramore it seems pretty good, just has a tendency to send you weird ways to the one location.

So sully are you saying the the ORR is not on City Navigator 2008 maps. That is a complete load of ****e if that is the case. That stretch of road is fully open over 12 months now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    So sully are you saying the the ORR is not on City Navigator 2008 maps. That is a complete load of ****e if that is the case. That stretch of road is fully open over 12 months now.

It covers the ORR right up until Bolands Garrage. After that, its a "black whole".

Cant think of the name of the road where if you come of the ORR you turn left to a 100km/h stretch heading to cork - you know the turn half way to your left signposted Tramore? It wont let me go straight and demands I either do a UTurn or enter some bog road.

It also gives an incorrect address for my parents business. Right street, name and number - just "Ardmore" and not "Tramore".

Those maps cover all opened roads as far as April according to another poster here, who claims to be a "tester".

keitht wrote: »
    version 9 maps i have. is ther any new maps out. and would it cost much for them.

THANKS

Garmin 250 have been bundled weird. Some come with v9 while others come with v10. The comments from Garmin are confusing, but its safe to say that some models have some edition of the new maps - but they wont be officaly realsed until at least Febuary. Its not known for sure if you can get them for free or if you pay - we have had contradictory reports.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shaunbarrett

:mad:I got a garmin at xmas with map v9 -- was told updates wud not be required for a long time -- 2 weeks later v10 was issued !!
    wonder can v10 be downloaded from anywhere ? --the garmin site
    says there are no newer updates available for my unit !!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

The Austrian Garmin site says that units purchased after 1 December 2007 will be eligible for upgrades. The upgrades won't occur before ned Feb 2008 and deadline is end May 2008

http://www.garmin.at/show_page.php?pid=370

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shaunbarrett

Thank you Parsi
    However having referred to' GPS Ireland' site apparently also in Ireland the
    update to Mapsource 2008 ( or version 10) will be available after 15th Feb. It will be free for those (like me) who purchased satnav after 1st Dec. as long as the update is downloaded before 1st May 2008.
    Otherwise the download will be avaiable from 'GPS Ireland' as a dvd.
    Rgds and Thnks:)

Advertisement