Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horde VS Alliance, Sorrow of a human Paladin

Options
  • 27-12-2007 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hello all. This is my first post here on the WoW forum.

I have been playing since last February on the Nagrad server as a Human Paladin. TBH I do love the Alliance, but I will be the first to admit that (from what I have seen on Nagrad, and from what I have heard on other forums and such) the Alliance do seem to be more immature then the Horde.

I have played a few Horde characters, to experiment with other jobs and the like, and I have always been very understanding towards anyone playing the game and never ran down anyone to make them feel bad.

But, I really do love playing Alliance. I know alot of people that play Horde, and I myself even intend to train up a Belf Rogue soon. But I was wondering, are there any other Alliance players out there that feel that our side could be a bit more mature?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

ive heard stuff like that loads of times, but i don't really agree. I think its more of a guild VS guild thing for mature players rather than a alliance VS horde for mature players. A lot of guilds wont let kids in and some don't care about age. You will find that guilds that raid end game content wont stand for immature players in there guild.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There are total asshats on both sides. It comes with the online gaming territory i'm afraid. I havent really noticed it in a while though. I generally level with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

There are idiots on both sides, don't expect to jump to horde and never see someone immature again. In my experience the stereotype is true that the horde is slightly more mature. In my opinion the reason behind this is that kids would be quicker to pick alliance because they are the "good guys".

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There's retards on both sides of the fence. Personally, I prefer playing alliance (70 human paladin, 60 draenei priest), but that's just me. I've tried playing horde a couple of times, but I seem to have a block at around lvl 20. Once my priest hits 70, I'll probably gear her up a bit then level another alliance character - maybe a draenei shaman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Having played both sides to death i think there is very little different really.
    Some servers it sways one way or other of course.
    kids would be quicker to pick alliance because they are the "good guys".
    Which in itself is inaccurate. If anything they were the bad guys for a long time in many ways.

• Advertisement

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    Which in itself is inaccurate. If anything they were the bad guys for a long time in many ways.
    Yea and thats why I said "good guys". Obviously there isn't much difference between Horde and Alliance with regards Good V Evil. But from the outside and someone looking in, the Alliance are the good guys.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I think what B-K-DzR means is that, according to lore or "someone outside looking in" the Alliance are actually the "bad-er" guys.

After the second war they basically enslaved the Orc race (despite evidence that they were being manipulated and controlled by the burning Legion) and kept them in internment camps.

It was only through Thrall, who was himself the leader of the frostwolf clan who was captured by a human captain and raised from a child as a gladiator to fight for humans amusement (and then for more sinister motives that would actually ruin the plot of several books so I will leave unsaid) that they managed to free themselves from their oppressors at all.

Thrall went to work freeing his people, upon doing so he basically stated that he wouldnt attack the Alliance races unless they attacked his people. Which of course led the Alliance to pursue the freed orc races in an attempt to subjugate or destroy them once more.

it was only after the Burning Legion again decided to attack Azeroth that the alliance went to the effort of attempting to broker any sort of peace with the orc races and only then, only as a means to an end.

Trolls are believed to be descended from Elves or perhaps vice versa though I dont believe either is known for sure. What is known is that many elven races have killed multitudes of Trolls, in an attempt to push in on their land and expand outwards.

The gnomes basically "nuked" gnomeragon in an attempt to wipe out the troggs there. Dwarves are purebred alcoholics...

Then you have the Orcs who were a happy, care-free, almost hippy-ish race of wanderers and shaman who were discovered by a big, dirty group of demons who attempted to enslave them and turn them into a weapon to send against the alliance. Despite numerous failures, they eventually managed to succeed in doing so and the orc races were essentially forced to go through the dark portal and attack Azeroth.

The Tauren are a very spiritual and shamanistic race also, with deep and ancient ties to druidism also. It is believed that they were the first to discover the path of the druid and then passed their teachings onto the Elves. Before themselves, forgetting their Druidic heritage and relearning it from the elves.

The forsaken are a split branch of the Scourge and are no more responsible for the atrocities carried out by the scourge in Arthas/The Lich Kings name, than gnomes are. They are currently working on a plague that could free the currently enslaved undead and are led by a former night-elf Hero, Lady Sylvannas.

So you see, the "heroes" in World of Warcraft are anything but and the so called villains are significantly more just and virtuous by comparison.

Im sorry are you just disagreeing (that a word?) for the sake of disagreeing?
    The first line of what you said completely contradicts the rest of your post.
    From the outside the Alliance seem like they are the good guys. That's the point I was making and you seem to have completely just gone on a rant for the sake of it without proving or disproving anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

No, no it doesnt...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Ivan wrote: »
    I think what B-K-DzR means is that, according to lore or "someone outside looking in" the Alliance are actually the "bad-er" guys.
    Someone from the outside doesn't read the lore but just sees one side with orcs and one side with dwarfs and picks accordingly. Besides the lore is really complete fúcking shít, whoever writes plot arcs for Blizzard deserves a punch in the face.

From my own personal experience theres seems to be more annoying kiddies on alliance than horde it used to be more pronounced but there's not much in it these days.

• Advertisement

Blood elves were invented to reduce the maturity level of horde to that of alliance tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    Having played both sides to death i think there is very little different really.
    Some servers it sways one way or other of course.
    ^^ what he said, it depends on the server. I'm on Nagrand now too (previously on Kilrogg), and alliance Nagrand is actually an improvement over alliance Kilrogg. Either that or I've gotten more used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

I dont think either side is mature or immature, since it is a game first of all. But it mainly due to each player,guild,server and server type (Rp, PvP,PvE)

But it is a common fact that horde players are alot more aggressive and social than alliance.

And Alliance are alot more relaxed and self-righteous (Smug).

On most european servers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Faylum wrote: »
    But it is a common fact that horde players are alot more aggressive and social than alliance.

A common fact that you just made up.

There is no difference between the two playerbases.

Dustaz wrote: »
    A common fact that you just made up.

There is no difference between the two playerbases.
    Don't agree with you at all there. There is differences, not massive differences mind but there is differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

upon character creation the game asks if you're a good or bad player, good players are automatically given horde characters and alliance get the bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Faylum wrote: »

LoL
    Its common fact if your name starts with the letter A your Aggressive
    Its common fact if your name starts with the letter B your self-righteous

And back to topic, you will get kids or immature (who do not have to be kids) people on both sides you cant avoide it. Just make sure your GM is mature and so are the officer's. This will result (you hope) that only mature players will be in the guild. And the kids weeded out over time. This will hopefuly result in less contact with the people you dont want to be hanging around with in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

/barrens chat

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I loved Barrens chat...way better then what we get on Executus in /Trade and /General all the time...
    General: I maintank with [Staff of Jordan]!
    General:[Staff of Jordan]! stole my honour!!
    Trade: Gruul fears the [Staff of Jordan]
    General:The only thing to [Staff of Jordan], is [Staff of Jordan] itself.
    Trade: [Staff of Jordan] say he should stick to basketball
    etc, etc, etc...I'm alliance btw :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Glad to see there are people pushing in favour of the Alliance. I do enjoy playing Horde, thinking of doing a Undead Warlock soon, but I just enjoy the Alliance more, and for no perticular reason.
    Blowfish wrote: »
    it depends on the server. I'm on Nagrand now too (previously on Kilrogg), and alliance Nagrand is actually an improvement over alliance Kilrogg.

I play on Nagrad too, and I find the Alliance to be very friendly and Mature, maybe thats why I always disagreed with their so called '' nOOb-iness''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Funky wrote: »
    upon character creation the game asks if you're a good or bad player, good players are automatically given horde characters and alliance get the bad.
    /nod

WoW is biased for the Horde

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Kiith wrote: »
    I loved Barrens chat...way better then what we get on Executus in /Trade and /General all the time...

etc, etc, etc...I'm alliance btw :rolleyes:

The Horde did that in Jaedenar with [Dirge]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CidonaBoy

The Horde did that in Jaedenar with [Dirge]

Same on Horde side Twilights Hammer. :(

Think Dirge went around most servers, was kinda funny when it started but it went for pretty much two weeks none stop on my server, making /2 totally unusable.

There is now a guild on Kazzak called 2 Girls 1 Dirge. I weep for humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Dirge can be linked 4 times in the one sentence, I think that's why :<

It's Quel Serrar on Outland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Blade of Wizardry on Outland Horde. I don't get how it's funny. Is the funny part having people like me going "I don't get why it's funny."?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

ya same crap on BL about the dirge, ive already seen a guild called Dirge and also a player....pretty sad tbh. another thing that I find funny is the players with bad english try to make up a funny sentence with dirge n just make a complete mess of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

We found that after about 1am in the morning most of the Alliance disappear from BGs and the 15A v 10Horde matchups get evened out and we do vastly better. The bitter Horde in me would say thats because its a school night or tuck in time.

And there is no question to the layman the Alliance are the nice guys, they have the most Humanoid characters and the majority of them are hot NE girls. The Horde on the other hand traditionally had "a green monster thing, a ugly cow thing, trolls and zombie things". Side by side its not hard to imagine the non-humanoids being bad which is par for the course in most fairy tales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

haha laughing skull got spammed with dirge for about 2 weeks, i even ended up joining a pvp guild [DIRGE] from it!! shameless i know!!

Advertisement