Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony??

Options
  • 26-12-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of buying one of the ipod with videos tomorrow with my birthday/Christmas money but having looked at few things online have changed my mind to a Sony Walkman NW-A805 8gb... about 200 euro I think. Does anyone have any experience of it?? I'm a bit clueless and would really appreciate any input. I previously had an ipod mini 4gb and was quite happy with it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

I got mine today, love it! I'm typing on it now. Picked it up in new york for $400. Thumbs up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Why not get an iPod Touch from ebay?

You can pick the 8gb one from ebay for around €230 - €270 or spend €299 from Apple.

It looks sexy as hell, you can hack it if you like, it's got Wifi, video etc etc. AND, if you have been converting your CD's onto iTunes at default settings, the likelihood is that it's in AAC format which means you'll have to convert you WHOLE iTunes library to mp3 format. I had to do this when I got my Creative Zen Vision M and while I'm glad I did, it took ages and was very messy.

But, I've used one of those players a little bit and they seem decent. Small, light, easy to use and nice.

It's up to you, whatever you go for, I'm sure you'll be happy and it will be a nice upgrade from your iPod Mini.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

don't have the video sony one, but have the 4gb that was out just before, got it bout 3 months ago...i love it..battery power is great, lasted me bout 7 days in NY without charge.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

So to update..., it was on sale today in the Sony centre in Liffey Valley so I got it. Down to 149 for the 8gb video mp3 player in pink, an extra discount at the till meant I got it for 141.... am thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

They are an excellent player. I have one in black myself and can't reccomend it highly enough. The battery life is fantastic and the sound quality is stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Looks lovely and a good price, were there any reductions on the NW-A818 (exactly the same player but with drag and drop transfer)?? It's the sonicstage that's putting me off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Actually it was the NWZ-A818 I got for 141 in the Sony centre, copied and pasted the wrong model details in the first post sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

oh great stuff, will have to pop in for a look so :)
    thanks

Advertisement