Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS for hill walking

Options
  • 26-12-2007 5:36pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a basic gps for hill walking, nothing fancy, it needs to be relatively small and cheap, and the priorities would be direction, waypoints, and bearing. What recommendations do you have?
    Cheers
    Alan,

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thanks for the replies lads. I went into town trying to track down a yellow etrex, the only one i could find was a display model in maplins for 165. I ended up finding a blue etrex legend, which i believe is a marginally better spec for 129. I haven't had a look at it yet, so hopefully it'll be alright. Thanks for the replies.
    Cheers,
    Alan.

Advertisement