Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buddhism in bars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Cool thanks for that. Very much in favour of what these monks are doing. There is also another group who have started up a tea shop that serves Buddhist food and is located in the heart of the glitzy shopping area, and is always packed. I think these monks are really showing that Buddhism is all about i.e. you can be Buddhist and still enjoying your life to the utmost.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

This reminds me of Osho's vision "Zorba the Buddha". He said that Buddha - the way we think of him - is too dry and serious, and Zorba is just a stupid, but happy, celebrating fool. Combine the two - the detachment and wisdom of Buddha, with the joy and celebration, the singing, dancing and enjoyment of friends of Zorba, and you will have discovered the way of life.

As these monks bring Buddhism to the bars they also will learn something very important, they don't even know yet. This "lowering oneself" as that lady put it, is letting go of that kind of spiritual ego. Although they may already have done so in order to come up with the idea in the first place. Really nice post. Thanks.

Advertisement