Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new coffee gear :)

Options
  • 26-12-2007 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

what new coffee gear did you get over xmas??

I got a shiny new bodum columbia steel french press (sick of the stupid glass ones breaking and somebody got the hint!) and a couple of new varities of coffee: percalo and some illy.

not quite the gaggia, grinder and roaster but it'll keep me happy till i win the lottery :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

New foaming jug. I recently received a new roaster which could be construed as a christmas present too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I got my first espresso maker! :D

It's a Krups XP4050. The steamer doesn't seem to work. I think it's meant to take in milk and then shoot it into the mug using steam. But all it does is pour hot milk into the mug. So I just steam the milk in a separate jug :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I got my first espresso maker! :D

It's a Krups XP4050. The steamer doesn't seem to work. I think it's meant to take in milk and then shoot it into the mug using steam. But all it does is pour hot milk into the mug. So I just steam the milk in a separate jug :confused:

It isn't meant to take milk in, you steam it in a separate jug. Put the milk in a jug or cup and place the steam nozzle just into the cold milk. Press the steam button and froth until you're happy with the froth & temperature.

Have a read of the instructions that came with the machine for a full list of features and applications. They can be found here if you need them :)

Let us know if you need any more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

My mother got a Saeco Talea Ring Plus. It's brilliant, better than coffee shop coffee! Makes my bean-to-cup machine look like a piece of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Got a Gaggia Cubika - the joys a proper espresso to start the day - a thing of beauty

• Advertisement

• Put the auto cappuccino accessory in place
    on the steam nozzle.
    • Place a cup under the auto cappuccino
    accessory.
    • Pour about 100 ml of very fresh, very cold
    milk into a container. The milk and its
    container must be well chilled.
    • Insert the flexible tube into this container or
    directly into the milk carton (17).
    • Turn the setting knob to the position
    “cappuccino” or ‘ latte “.
    • When the appliance is ready (operating
    control lamp glows continuously), press the
    steam button (16), the operating control
    lamp blinks.
    • When the control lamp of steam button
    glows continuously again, appliance is ready
    for steam.
    • Press the steam button (16).
    • Once the froth has been produced, stop by
    pressing the steam button (16)

I thought that meant that the milk would be sucked from my milk carton and frothed on its way into my cup. When it actually just saves me from having to pour milk into a jug that I then have to froth using the steam that comes out?
    Patented auto-cappuccino system for foolproof frothing of milk

Maybe I'm just a fool :( I'm new to espresso making anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

zuutroy wrote: »
    My mother got a Saeco Talea Ring Plus. It's brilliant, better than coffee shop coffee! Makes my bean-to-cup machine look like a piece of crap.

Oh my, that's a very nice present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

Hi Blackwizard

Have a look at the link to see a demo of you new machine you need to go to Krups USA as the Internaional english site does not have the demo on it.

http://www.krupsusa.com/All+Products/Espresso+Machines/Pump+espresso+machines/Products/XP4050/XP4050.htm?DisplayDemo=yes

Good Luck with the new machine

It actually started working yesterday. Don't know why it wouldn't froth the milk all the other times. It's a wonderful machine :) Nothing like a nice coffee in the morning. Couldn't go back to a the old out of the jar stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I got a shiny red Kenwood Retro espresso machine. Great espressos, and I'm getting to grips with making a decent cappuccino. It's been the most hyper Christmas ever!

• Advertisement
Advertisement