Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Gateway wont turn on

Options
  • 25-12-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for some suggestions on this little issue Im having with a friends old Gateway Flexatxstc BRO 733.

Doesnt seem to be getting any power at all. The kettle lead is known good as it works on the monitor. When I try to turn the PC itself on it is completely dead - no lights, beeps nothing.

Any ideas? Im thinking duff power supply but any other suggestions are very welcome before i start trawling ebay for one.... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah more than likely bad power supply. Does the board get a light, usually the mainboards have a LED on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How old is "old"? Check out www.skyline-eng.com and www.mundocorp.com for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

ill check for leds thanks.

When i say old I mean manufactur date Feb 2001! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

One quick thing you can try is follow the leads from the power button down to the motherboard, take off the lead and cross it with a screwdriver.. just to rule out the switch... a lot of the Gateways had soft switches which people insisted on pressing all the way in! It resulted in the plastic being broke.

More likely to be a power supply but try it just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Saruman wrote: »
    a lot of the Gateways had soft switches which people insisted on pressing all the way in! It resulted in the plastic being broke.
    If this is tha case, I can probably get the part number for ye, that ye need. There's a company in the UK that will be able to sell you the exact part, or failing that, the front cover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement