Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung remote not working

Options
  • 25-12-2007 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any advice on how to get a remote for a 26in samsung lcd working? I've tried the usual. i.e. replace the batteries etc but no joy.

I've never used the remote since I bought the tv last december in the sales as I was using it as a pc monitor but I've since hooked it up to a ps3 and now need the remote to hire up the volume etc. Its also approaching the second last day of its warranty - typical:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

Can you see the IR sensor come on when you press any button? Point it at a mirror and look for it flashing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Nope, not a sausage. Tried everything possible to get the thing working. Thing is, the remote wasn't used since I bought the tv a year ago as it was being used as a pc monitor but I've since moved it to the kid's room and need the remote to work for sound, changing channel etc. Samsung emailed me back today saying contact my local samsung office (which happens to be the same office in the uk that I emailed so I'm on my own here).

Advertisement