Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging Tom Tom one XL europe via USB

Options
  • 24-12-2007 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Will my Tom Tom one XL europe charge (2007 edition) via USB on the computer?

i want to use it on xmas day cause i am a big baby and I dont have a charger, not 100% sure if my peugoet 206 xl (2001) cigarette lighter will take the machine. I paid over the odds (EUR299) for this fella so i could get it in time for xmas and will be annoyed if i cant use it out of the box

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Yes it will charge via USB, also while charging on the PC you can play with the Tomtom Home Software and download some updates.

Unless you have some problems with the cigarrete charger in your car you can also charge it as you drive. I think they come partly charge out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

okcomputer wrote: »
    Will my Tom Tom one XL europe charge (2007 edition) via USB on the computer?

i want to use it on xmas day cause i am a big baby and I dont have a charger, not 100% sure if my peugoet 206 xl (2001) cigarette lighter will take the machine. I paid over the odds (EUR299) for this fella so i could get it in time for xmas and will be annoyed if i cant use it out of the box

You should have just got the non XL unit. I found the XL screen too big. Happy TomTom'ing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    You should have just got the non XL unit. I found the XL screen too big. Happy TomTom'ing though.

how are the maps down in cork chief? I'm in dublin and i'll be fine here but if I visit me cousins down in Newmarket i'm expecting to still get lost

how are the maps down in cork chief? I'm in dublin and i'll be fine here but if I visit me cousins down in Newmarket i'm expecting to still get lost

I'll be testing them out this week and let you know but my sis's place in Kinsale (Sandycove) isn't showing her last 500yds to her house...mind you she is at the butt end of the peninsula so I'm not surprised. Only the locals know the road exists.

Why don't you go into the Browse Map feature and have a look for your cousins place...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I'll be testing them out this week and let you know but my sis's place in Kinsale (Sandycove) isn't showing her last 500yds to her house...mind you she is at the butt end of the peninsula so I'm not surprised. Only the locals know the road exists.

Why don't you go into the Browse Map feature and have a look for your cousins place...?

will do. by the way the video in your signature, i was their that day man on the pitch after. My ol man has me there in a cork jersey :)

• Advertisement

the video in your signature, i was their that day man on the pitch after. My ol man has me there in a cork jersey :)

absolute class ..... wish I was there myself but couldn't get a ticket and had to endure the cats in '06

Advertisement