Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging a Garmin 250W

Options
  • 24-12-2007 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I don't have a mains charger for my 250W, and I don't want to pay up to €20 for one. If I get a Mini USB to standard USB cable can I charge it from my PC USB port?, or any other USB outlet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Benolam wrote: »
    I don't have a mains charger for my 250W, and I don't want to pay up to €20 for one. If I get a Mini USB to standard USB cable can I charge it from my PC USB port?, or any other USB outlet.

Ya it should work.Charging through USB works with my Nuvi 200 so should work for 250W as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Benolam wrote: »

Sure does, I have the same lead to charge my mobile phone and 250W.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

One related question: is it possible to use the Garmin 250W while it's charging via USB?

I don't have a cigarette lighter in the car, but I do have a USB port on my car radio. I've been able to get the Garmin charging over this, but it seems to go into PC mode when I plug it in (just shows a screen with the Garmin logo and a little picture showing a PC USB connection).

Any way of turning this off?

Advertisement