Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin choice

Options
  • 23-12-2007 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at two Garmin ystems. The Nuvi 660t and 250w. Had a look on the Garmin site and from what I can see the differences are mainly things like bluetooth for the phone and MP3. On the sat nav side are these basically the same?

I dont need th emp3 or bluetooth as I already have a bluetooth radio that'll play mp3's.

Is there any reason to pay €120 extra (Komplett prices) for the 660 over the 250?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cgwils

A quick answer will be NO. If you didn't have the other gadgets you'd wonder whether to get all in one functionality which isn't always a good way to do things. I'd say since you have the other stuff, a nuvi 250w or 200w will do the job for ya.

Btw, I don't know the difference betwee the 250w and 200w. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

cgwils wrote: »
    A quick answer will be NO. If you didn't have the other gadgets you'd wonder whether to get all in one functionality which isn't always a good way to do things. I'd say since you have the other stuff, a nuvi 250w or 200w will do the job for ya.

Btw, I don't know the difference betwee the 250w and 200w. Any ideas?

The 250 have european maps where as the 200 only has Ire and UK, afaik...

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    The 250 have european maps where as the 200 only has Ire and UK, afaik...

Thats the only diff I think aswell. OP, I have a 250W with 2008 maps, I'm quite happy with it. I deliberately got that model because I didn't want all the extra stuff. I have a car kit and an ipod. I dont want to have my sat nav going all the time to take calls in my car, and tbh its a bit big for an mp3 player :) I think the 2xx series is the latest aswell. My opinion, get what suits your needs most.

Advertisement