Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Warfield

Options
  • 23-12-2007 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Anyone else listen to his music? My favourite one of his songs is Old Skibbereen. Whats your favourite one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Guess no one does?:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hey Sean,

Just to refer you to the Boards.ie rules:
    "Bumping" threads
    Posting in a thread only to make it return to the top of the forum is not allowed (i.e. posting "bump" or some other pointlessness reply to a thread). People who bump threads may be banned. Bumping threads clutters a forum, if a thread is not getting replies then either revive the discussion with a good reply or let it die a slow death.

Don't worry, no ban or warning in this case, but just keep in mind its against rules.

Havent heard of Warfield, he any good? Maybe I'll google him...

Ye hes good if you like irish/traditional music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i like the one that goes.. "ooh aah up the ra, ooh ah up the ra!". lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I love Warfield and the Wolfe Tones. Met Derek once, he was a real gentleman. His version of A Soldiers Song on the 1916 CD is very good.

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I love Warfield and the Wolfe Tones. Met Derek once, he was a real gentleman. His version of A Soldiers Song on the 1916 CD is very good.

Ye ive got that cd its pretty good. I like his version of a soldiers song aswell. What do you think of his song Old Skibbereen?

Ah that's a great song, but you can't beat Liam Neesons version of it in Michael Collins ;)

Dunno if he sings it, but my favourite Irish song is The Streets Of New York. Unbelieveable song.

Gerard.C wrote: »

Dunno if he sings it, but my favourite Irish song is The Streets Of New York. Unbelieveable song.

Who sings it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Tommy Byrne wolfe tones

Who sings it?

Get the Wolfe Tones millenium celebration album. Great stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

I could never understand why my neighbour - a massive Wolfe Tones fan - thought the London bombings in 2005 were 'awful'.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Brian, trad music discussion forum not otherwise. Keep on topic.

Jesjes what traditional music do you like?

Advertisement