Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin or Tom Tom: Any online flash demos?

Options
  • 23-12-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

I've researched the units and I want the Garmin 250w but before i buy i'd like to see what

they actually look like in use
    whats the voice like, is it male/female/robot annoying voice etc

I'm imagining the woman's voice that's on the luas "please take yuor ticket...and you change " :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

hi i just got my 250w today and had its first trial run
    have to say im impressed the voice is a womans i dont think it can be changed but i would rather listen to a woman than a man.

you can change the vehicle icon by downloading from

www.garmin.com/vehicles (plenty to choose from.)

once you have the usb cable any camera usb cable will work if you already have one.

you dont get a case but the garmin leather case for the 250w not the 250 is perfect.

if you need a demo go into halfords or harvey norman they will show demo it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

http://www.sciuridae.co.uk/garmin_nuvi_200_250.htm

actually been looking at you tube videos, and I dont know if I could handle that womans voice, its not that its female, its just so harsh on the ears she sounds like a bad bitch. Tom tom have more voice options apparently, might for go for Tom tom one XL GB

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You can change the voice's

Go to Settings, Locate, touch the screen at the picture of the lips and you can select which ever voice you like from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

u cant on the garmin 250w

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The female Irish voice on the TT sounds like the female voice at the airport tanoi. I've switched to Aonghus as he's not as annoying.

The english accent voices are too much IMO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

u cant on the garmin 250w

Jasus, I assumed that they used the same interface on all the nuvi range. Thats a bit of a bummer. I have the 350 and it can be done with that model.

Advertisement