Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zen Vision:M

Options
  • 23-12-2007 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hey all

Does anyone know of ANYWHERE in Dublin that still stocks these media players! As they've been discontinued it's been harder and harder to get one. If anyone knows of somewhere please do tell :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fitzy2k5

Ebay, i just bought one from a shop called Luzern Tech on ebay, but its refurbished, it seems good as new tho. Do you have any idea why they were discontinued?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lenovoguy

Something to do with high rates of faulty units and there being a lower profit margin with HD devices. I'd believe the first, not so much the second. It's a damn shame because they are kickass media players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

they are brilliant devices. i've had mine since about march 2006 and it still works perfectly and ive pretty much never had any problems with it although it won't be getting too much more use from me after i get my archos 605 tomorrow morn :D

i figured it was being discontinued just cos it has been out for around 2 years and, well, lets face it, most mp3 player manafacturers usually stop making players as soon as they have a new model out. In creatives case this is half true. I'm pretty sure the Zen is supposed to be the true successor to the ZVM, but the fact it only comes in flash flavours has somewhat dissapointed the creative fans looking for a true successor (myself included).
    They have somewhat alleviated the problem by introducing a 32gb version but the device still has limitations that wern't found in the ZVM, not to mention a much higher price tag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Creative have re-released the Vision M in a 60gb style, otherwise the exact same fantastic player as was released a year or so ago.

I got one of Komplett a month ago for 250 or so, but I've just checked and I don't see it there now, but I'm sure they're around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

The 60gb has also been discontinued, it was released some months after the 30gb and then re-released again about 5 or 6 months ago in a slimmer 30gb form factor but the whole Vision M line has since been discontinued. they announced it soon after the Zen was released and for the past 3 - 4 weeks it's been nearly impossible to find in regular shops/online shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Bummer, glad I got mine a month ago. Hopefully it will last until the flash iterations reach a useful capacity at a reasonable price.

EDIT: Just found this site, seems like it was custom built to my mp3 preferences... e.g. Apple need not apply. You might find an alternative there

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/

There's a 32GB version of the Creative Zen out soon apparently for €400

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dunno whereabouts you live but try here http://www.didstore.com/branches-detail.asp?branchid=4 I got the 60GB there 2 months ago and they had loads of them at the time might have some left over.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I've been looking for one of these, I don't want to pay far more money for half the memory. And I don't really want to get an iPod. Argh.
    I'll give DID a ring.

No none of the DIDs seem to have one. Feck.

Advertisement