Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New headphones

Options
  • 22-12-2007 6:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a new pair of headphones for Christmas. I currently have a pair of cheap Sony headphones I bought from Argos for 14 quid.

I was thinking of buying these from Argos. Thing is there for DJs and all I really need them for is listening to my iPod in my home. So I was thinking they might be too much for what I need.

I basicly want headphones that are comfortable and are better quality in design and sound than basic headphones that cost 10-15 euros. Any reccomendations on what I should buy?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I don't like in-ear headphones and the headphones won't need any noise cancellation tech in them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭RINO87

i find sennheiser headphones pretty good myself, plus theyre made in ireland!

"dj" headphones usually just mean theyre pretty loud and have heavier bass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Head-Fi

Have a nose around head-fi and see what the various reccommendations. What's your budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Gorilla

Around 70-90 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭RINO87

the ones you have picked out above will more than meet your needs, i take it that your not a big audio head, and just want something that sounds good??

if so the one ones you picked out are ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

I find Sennheiser to be the best earphones around. Can get them on ebay for good prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sennheiser are #1.

i have the HD555's and can't get over how good they sound. for walking around and ipodding i use the cx300's. you'll probably get some bargains online tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Have to agree with the Sennheiser worshipping here. I have a set of HD280 Pro's myself for us with my MP3 player and they are the business. Excellent headphones.

I actually had a set of the headphones you mentioned before I got the 280's, they are very good but before I had them I had a set of HD212 Pro's which will easily be within your budget. Their clarity and base levels are fantastic and I really enjoyed them for the 2 years or so that I had them.
    They can be found quite cheap on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

I would do alot more research on head-fi before purchasing - sennheiser are not the best full stop. HD-25 are supposed to be great with a bit of a small sound stage . Ive a set of AKg271s which sound good have a decent sound stage (for closed cans) and can be driven by a laptop so I would think an Ipod. I would go for circumaural (around ear) or in-ear(canal). I find both of these more confortable than the supra-aural phones. It all depends on comfort/isolation/music taste/sound stage likes/etc.

Advertisement