Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Boundary

Options
  • 22-12-2007 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I remember reading a while back that the Louth constituency boundary had been extended but has it been changed all together with Julianstown ect now part of Louth?

Louth now touches Dublin?

Reason I ask this because I was messing around with Google Earth and I saw this:
    loutham4.jpg

Louth just looks odd!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

They've annexed it! THE BASTIDS! Thats bad....

The new Louth constituency doesn't actually touch Dublin at all. Gormanston is still in Meath East. The recent Constituency Commission report is here, and go to page 34 of the PDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭gipi

If that Google map is showing county boundaries, then they've made a major f**k-up with Meath - they've removed their 5 miles of coastline (of which they're very proud!).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

that would mean bettystown is in louth???? No!!!! :D :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Just to avoid panic, remember that constituencies and counties are NOT the same thing, people. Parts of east Meath may be moving from the constituency of Meath East to the constituency of Louth, but that has absolutely no bearing on the legal status of the counties.

On a connected note, never trust Google Earth or Google Maps: they're riddled with mistakes. If you need authoritative information on the boundaries of townlands, wards, parishes, district electoral divisons, baronies or counties, the best place to look is on a good set of Ordnance Survey maps.

On a humorous note, Louth can have Bettystown village, as long as Meath keeps the coastline! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

as a louth man all I can say are

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

would be nice to get a more high resolution area of all of louth seeing as how its so small lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement