Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of lifes great mysteries...

Options
  • 22-12-2007 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching the Father Ted Christmas Special (never gets old :D) and it got me thinking. Does anyone watch mass on the telly? More importantly, do priests watch mass on the telly? I mean, I play football so naturally I watch football so naturally they should watch mass....

Oh, and just to quote the episode...

Dougal: ''Maybe he had a nickname, like Terry Wogan.."
    Ted: "Really? Terry Wogan? What was his nickname?"
    Dougal: "What? You mean..thats his real name?"

:D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

"Look at the way he works the chalice".

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"I don't care who he gets so long as I can have a go at the Greeks. They invented gayness!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,980 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

As I don't think that a plumber would be watching a programme about plumbing, I think that our celibate chums would be watching the opposite of Mass. I also think that they would be paying a considerable chunk of the Sunday collection to subscribe to this "opposite", whatever this "opposite" might be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

"It's me own stupid fault for messing with them bras!" :mad: I doubt they'd be watching mass on telly after doing a few masses each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

[SIZE=-1]Father Clippit says a good long mass. Four hours he does. Since his stroke.[/SIZE]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

"How would I know? Sure I'm from Donegal"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Archimedes wrote: »
    Just watching the Father Ted Christmas Special (never gets old :D)

"It's Irelands Largest Lingerie Section........or so I'm told"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I thought about that myself, I know my nanny watches mass on the tv because she's not able to go anymore. I'd say that's their target audience, old people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

re the advent calender

"Really Dougal, where do you come up with them? I mean, what was it you thought it would be last time, Rudd Gullit sitting on a shed?" :D

Classic part where the audio system goes on full blast when your one is reading out terms such as "GLARING FINANCIAL IRREGULARITIES" :D

Bollix, cant believe I missed this last night, I was flicking between the sports awards and some yoke with Girls Aloud and that long haired nut from various C4 shows. ffs, Ive only seen it maybe 14 times before :(;)

As for tv mass, all the old people watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

We're all going to heaven. Wahey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

ejmaztec wrote:
    As I don't think that a plumber would be watching a programme about plumbing
    Funny you should say that my dads a carpenter but he loves to watch shows about it or building, he especially liked that one with Duncan years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

I know a mongolian guy who had recently converted to Christianity, he worked late on saturday night and was having trouble getting to mass on sunday morning, when he discovered they showed mass on tv, he was over the moon, he didn't even have to get out of bed!!

Unpossible wrote: »
    Funny you should say that my dads a carpenter but he loves to watch shows about it or building, he especially liked that one with Duncan years ago.

He could be one of Duncan's consultants, unless he really isn't a carpenter. You should follow him, find out what he's really up to when he goes to "work".;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

do you think accountants watch shows about accounting?

that would be the most depressing life ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

''I'm having to yank meself of through the night cos i can't get any sex from real girls!''

Greatest show ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Fr, Fitzpatrick: And this is the last known photo of Herr Hitler; he's signing a few death warrants there.
    Ted: Funny how you get more right-wing as you get older!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

"Look at the way he works the chalice".

Effortless!

phasers wrote: »
    do you think accountants watch shows about accounting?

that would be the most depressing life ever

Funny you should mention that, but I'd say no, not in a million f*cking years:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I don't think it's in the christmas special, but this is one of my favourites:

Ted: Come on, Dougal, switch the television off. Chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: No thanks, Ted.

Advertisement