Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bluetooth not working after xp upgrade

Options
  • 21-12-2007 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes.

I have a dell latitude d505 laptop which was running win2000 until last week, when I decided to upgrade to xp. Had all the driver disks and everything went lovely except for my bluetooth. It was working before the upgrade and the blue LED was lighting ok but now I cannot connect to my phone and the LED is not lit. It is on in the BIOS.

The drivers appear to be there. XP installed a dafron driver first and I searched to find a dell truemobile driver but still the same issue. I think the bluetooth stack is missing as it used to be Widcomm stack but now a RFcomm protocol is in place.

I found a thread on the net telling me that the issue arises when you do the xp install with the bluetooth switched off, which is what I did. There was no fix posted but just a comment.

The dell driver disk contains no bluetooth drivers or software for xp.

Can anyone tell me how to re-enable the bluetooth radio without having to re-install xp from scratch.

Thanks

PS If this is the wrong thread please post the correct one I should send this to

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Damien360

yes xp sp2 is fully installed and all current updates have been applied.

Found a link late last night with same problem.

had to first disable bluetooth in BIOS. Load the driver form Dell and then re-start the bluetooth in BIOS and it worked.

The reason I could not get it working is that the dell driver is unsigned and although it removes existing drivers on loading, any updates wiped this new driver and re-applied the old microsoft one. This would occur as the bluetooth was on in the bios and updates were detected for it and applied.

Not sure why the current driver is not overwritten now.

Sorry for bothering all of you but I had spent 6 hours on it at that point and only solved it at 1am last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Hi guys,
    Not a real techno but I have purchased a Dell laptop with bluetooth capability and I have paired it up with my Nokia 6234 mobile phone.I have been sending and receiving music files between the 2 devices however recently I have not been able to send files to my mobile from the laptop.I thought initially that my 2GB SD card memory stick might be full but I have discovered that only approximately 400 MB of space has been used.I have tried to find a solution via a troubleshooting menu on the laptop but to no avail.Any idea what solution there might be to this difficulty.
    Ta,
    Selig

Advertisement