Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old women skipping the queue in post office

Options
  • 21-12-2007 1:19pm

Happened again today in my post office. when the place is packed the old women sneak in a and start talking to randomers, really annoys me because about 4 of them did it today but i didnt want to be a bastard by telling them off. then they start chatting to the post office workers for ages. was in there for nearly an hour!.:mad:

Does this happen alot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Take their skipping rope and throw it out the window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

they must be becomming more and more troublesome coz someone was givin out about them skipping bus queues on here the last day.
    something must be done to stop them before they take over the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I think Rube, from Dead like Me, handled it best.

Standing in a post office or something large queue and a woman makes a very obvious queue jump.

Rube engages the Queue Jumper in conversation:

Rube (point to the entire queue of people:) Are all these people assholes?
    QJ: Ah, em, no.
    Rube: OK, so it's just you then.

Give that a go.

MrP

prendy wrote: »
    they must be becomming more and more troublesome coz someone was givin out about them skipping bus queues on here the last day.
    yeah saw that. someting has to be done about these cutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

biko wrote: »

That's what I thought when I saw the thread title as well. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

It's cos they're old and "forgetful", everytime they skip it's just a momentary lapse in decorum...plus they're taking advantage of the fact that they're old and if you were to turn round and shout in their face they'd probably die.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

prendy wrote: »

Gangs of old ladies terrorise neighbourhood

That's what I thought when I saw the thread title as well. :D
    haha, should of made that a bit clearer.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ya can't beat the jab!.

Hilarious.

Vicious gangs of keep left signs:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

its everywhere one of them jumped a queue in front of me in a chemist yesterday and did the whole 'oh sorry i didnt realise' thing but then still went and got served first. ah well i suppose you have to abuse the system when your old

at least my granny waits her turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

haha, should of made that a bit clearer.:D

Sorry LittleNipper but can't resist this :D

haha, i wish thats what i was talking about:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

I read the headline like that and thought "what harm would that do".

In 2000 I was in Brixton PO paying a bill or whatever and a certain type of a chap was near the top of the queue which had up to 25 people in it. He was shortly joined by another fellow of the same or similar background who started chatting to his long last cousin in a dramatics trained way with a level of urgency that implied that he might have forgotten that the word queue not to mention the the verb of the same name had ceased to exist or the more obvious explanation ,that he wasnt in the queue at all.Anyway his cousin took his rightful place at the window and my actor friend didnt leave,I thought I would hold off till he attempted to go to a window at which point I told the teller not to serve this queue jumper as he had not served his time.I did not think this strategy would work but sure enough no teller would help him in his time of need. He wasted quite a bit of his failing energy threatening me with great violence and there was the added problem of my bike outside the door but like all tossers of his like he was nowhere to be seen. Dont whisper your objection, give it the Pavorotti treatment , it works and it also ensures that they wont risk it next time. They are scume no matter what age they are and deserve to be shown up for what they are, cheats. The fellow who was originally in the queue was not party to this behaviour.

I have on the other hand made sure that people in dire physical straights or just plain fooked get prompt attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Why didn't you say something? You cannot complain if you did nothing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭david1two3

Nobody notices the old till they jump the Queue, theyll be at it everywhere.

was like a big tide of jam, except jam made out of old women. hard to tell which ones had skipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A "businessman" used to skip queues in my centra each morning, barging ahead of schoolkids to pay for his precious paper. One morning I was still a bit tipsy from the night before and in an odd mood, he tried to do it so I pointed him out and started shouting KUNT, KUNT, KUNT, KUNT. Chinese guy at the till didnt know what it meant or what was going on, guy went bright red, still skipped and paid and legged it. Kids were delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

at least my granny waits her turn!

Unlike yore ma!!

Sorry, I apologise. :o

Yeah, that would piss me off. If someone was really immobile or something then I'd probably offer to let them go ahead of me but to have a brass neck and just wander in and disregard the queue - not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Unlike yore ma!!

Yeah, that would piss me off. If someone was really immobile or something then I'd probably offer to let them go ahead of me but to have a brass neck and just wander in and disregard the queue - not good.
    Especially when most of these old biddies have nowhere to go to, many people in a post office had to get time off work, these feckers are in no rush and could just hang around for the other biddie afterwards.

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Unlike yore ma!!

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Old people are inherently evil, and out to avenge all of us "youthful" folk. I've had numerous rows with the elderly over their queue skipping ways and they just dismiss me as being almost satan like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

one tried to skip my mother in the line last week and she was soon put in her place I can tell you

they always use the "sorry, i didnt know there was a queue". Queue being that straight line with 20 people in it behind you!

Advertisement