Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's the SNOW??

Options
  • 20-12-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Is there any snow in the south east anywhere??

I would like to take my two boys to some snow before Christmas.

There must be some somewhere.

Comments

Try Mount Leinster if we get a cold snap with "wintry showers on the high ground"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its very unlikely anywhere in Ireland before Christmas to be honest, even on the highest peaks its likely to be showery and fleeting at best and unlikely to settle.
    That said the weather can change rapidly here, would be brilliant if it did happen.

Scotland (highland) is probably the closest cheapest venue to see some snow before Christmas.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

kleefarr wrote: »
    Is there any snow in the south east anywhere??

I would like to take my two boys to some snow before Christmas.

There must be some somewhere.

Get a cheap flight to Aberdeen and head up the Cairngorms

Surprisingly they usually have a semi permanent covering over the winter and it's easily accessible.

No snow in Ireland for sure.

The weather outlook for cold weather is awful so far this winter.

is it me or do we not get much frost any more even!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Have you been to Ashford/Wicklow lately,there getting plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Get a cheap flight to Aberdeen and head up the Cairngorms

Surprisingly they usually have a semi permanent covering over the winter and it's easily accessible.

No snow in Ireland for sure.

The weather outlook for cold weather is awful so far this winter.
    You can get a direct flight to Inverness which is quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

I think it's just you :D Car door frozen solid this morning with outside temps of -3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tom1975

check out met.ie right now for 9am temps - Dublin Airport minus 3 and Casement minus 5. Woke up to a beautiful hoar frost out in Clonsilla this morning - rooftops, cars and grass all white, I guess this is the closest we'll get to a "white" Christmas this year but lovely to look at. Even the canal was starting to freeze with sheets of ice forming at the edge. It's been a while since I've seen that!

I REPENT :D

Today was GREAT :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I REPENT :D

Today was GREAT :D:D:D

You found snow???? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Heh, I don't think so.
    A proper frost is pretty nice in its own right, think its my favourite weather after sneachta.

The still air and everything sparking in the winter sun is really lovely to behold. Especially with the short days at this time of year, the combination of sun and sparkle is good for the soul I recken!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I remember there were icicles hanging from roofing at this time of year 15 years ago and pouring buckets of water onto the ground to make ice in the evening. Nothing like that now. It hasn't even rained in about two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

ian_m wrote: »
    I remember there were icicles hanging from roofing at this time of year 15 years ago and pouring buckets of water onto the ground to make ice in the evening. Nothing like that now. It hasn't even rained in about two weeks.

It was raining this morning at 04:30 when I got up to drive to Tralee. ;)

Advertisement