Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 20-12-2007 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

So what do you think is going to happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 UnHolyMoe

Hard too know. According to the Mayan calander something significant and also by Terence McKenna who came up with Novelty Theory years before the Mayan calander was reinterrputed. Talks given by McKenna vary on what he thought would happen when it reaches singularity on the 21/12/2012, from a shift in human consciousness to the invention of time travel.

Wikipedia ideas: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012#Metaphysical_predictions

Only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fianna Fáil will be voted back in again. That's about all.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Same world....but I'll be 36 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Hope to see Ireland winning European Championship! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It'll rain in the morning and then clear up about tea time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

humanji wrote: »
    It'll rain in the morning and then clear up about tea time.

Exactly. The end of the world/second coming/armageddon etc have been prophecised hundreds of times by different lunatics and remarkably enough we're still here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Hope to see Ireland winning European Championship! :D

I'll go with the end of the world, Paddy Power are giving better odd's on that.

TBH, I really don't think anything will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Between now and 2012 Fossil-fuels will continue to rise in cost as they become more scarce. Many people predict that 2012 will be the year when we hit 'peak-oil'.

This will push inflation levels up to the point that by 2012 we'll be in a situation like the German Wiemar Republic of the 1920's where paper money became almost valueless and people used to have to bring wheelbarrows of the stuff into a shop to buy a loaf of bread.

A collapse of the global economy will put mankind back into a feudal mode of existance. Many people currently living in large cities will perish as they have no ready access to small amounts of land on which to grow food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

it about 20:08 now...Only a couple of mins to go!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scorptech

I think the problem with various people commenting on this subject matter is that they more than likely have only heard of one story about 2012, so in isolation, it sounds unbelievable, but when you start looking at "all" the stories together, than you have to ask yourself, is there something to it.

First of all, the scientific community talk about the “photon Belt” (google it).

Than the Mayan calendar is also another source of information.

Than from a spiritual point of view, they believe that this is also a significant date.

The maori’s also have a prediction for the 2012.

So to base a sceptical opinion without doing the research is just lazy and ignorant. Time and time again all I see is comments from people who can’t be arsed to do the research so they base your answer on their “assumed” knowledge because it’s too much trouble to do the research, so they just guess at the answer.

Reseach, research, research……..

Until this is done, keep your narrow minded opinion to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photon_Belt

While the concept of the Photon Belt is a New Age philosophy, some parts of the story can be analyzed scientifically. There is no scientific evidence for the existence of any sort of "photon belt".

A photon is the elementary particle that makes up light. To the extent that such a thing as a "photon belt" is physically possible, it would require the gravitational pull of a black hole, with light rays being bent around the black hole near the event horizon, forming a photon sphere.[26] Barring interaction with gravity or matter, photons otherwise always travel in straight lines.

By scientific communinity i assume you meant ufologists and other fringe scientists?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭Armada

Personally, from what I have read and heard, I believe there could well be a change in 2012, however I dont think there will be mass histeria etc but a more subtle shift in mass opinion that will be seen as the beginning of something good.

ie perhaps sceptics will no longer outweigh those who are open to spirituality or whatever words you want to use.

I see it as a very subtle shift in the direction we are heading in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Ireland will win numerous medals in London. :)
    Then the world will end.

Advertisement