Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volume Control On New Sky Box Not Working

Options
  • 20-12-2007 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

:confused:Hi evreyone i got sky installed today and got a sky plus box in the living room and a standard box in the daughters room in my daughters room everything works but the volume control on the sky remote will not work on the tv ,the engineer said that this is a problem with some flat screen lcd tvs .the normal code for programming the tv will not work .Its a Nordmende lcd tv does anyone know the code to program the the remote to suit the tv ,all the other functions work through the remote except the volume PLEASE HELP .
    k:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

do us all a favour and turn off the caps. Try www.satcure.co.uk

kevin1999 wrote: »
    :confused:Hi evreyone i got sky installed today and got a sky plus box in the living room and a standard box in the daughters room in my daughters room everything works but the volume control on the sky remote will not work on the tv ,the engineer said that this is a problem with some flat screen lcd tvs .the normal code for programming the tv will not work .Its a Nordmende lcd tv does anyone know the code to program the the remote to suit the tv ,all the other functions work through the remote except the volume PLEASE HELP .

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What's with the bold text etc?

Try codes for other makes, like Goodmans, Beko, Alba, Grundig, etc.
    http://www.satcure.com/tech/digicode2.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kevin1999

sorry gentlemen im only new and i am sorry thank you for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

pleasure, hope you get it sorted

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Kevin, if you need to programme the remote, it's easier if you do it via the sky box itself.

Firstly click the interactive button on your remote, then on the menu shown scroll down to Sky Customer Services (number 5 on the list) scroll down to "programme your remote". Follow instructions , it's pretty simple after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kevin1999

Jean all the functions are wirking on the remote except the volume any fix for that as the young one does not like using two remotes ,,,,if she only knew i used to use a sweeping brush years ago just to ajust the rabbits ears on my b/w portable in my room ,how times have changed ,again sorry for the bold text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 moto89

kevin1999 wrote: »

Hi Kevin, I have the exact same problem have tried hundreds of codes none work. Code 0537 as given on the websites does not work because that is only for sky not sky plus. The reason I know that is that my husband called sky help, and they said they are waiting on this new code for the Nerdmende tv and will call us when they get it, so I am afraid we have to use two buttons till then boo hoo. When and if we get it, I will post on the board for you.

Cheers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Cool moto - responding to a thread over a year old :rolleyes:

Hey fat tony, just call me wallie, I just joined today and my first post, did not even notice the date, well spotted spotty dog.:confused:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

fat-tony, no need to be condescending. If you felt the post was inappropriate, then use Report Post feature. Thanks.

I'm not going to close this thread currently, as the original query was never answered. As such, if moto89 gets a code that works, it may benefit somebody else with a similar query in the future.

• Advertisement

Thanks BYTE. If I do get the code for the Normende tv, I will most certainly post it, as you say although the thread was old, as you say it might help others and that is what it is all about.
    Cheers

Moto89:P

I admit my response might have been a bit smart-arsed, but I never used any descriptive name for moto89 - she just inferred that. Apologies.

fat-tony wrote: »
    I admit my response might have been a bit smart-arsed, but I never used any descriptive name for moto89 - she just inferred that. Apologies.

:( Hey fat Tony, sorry did not mean to get you in to trouble. When I said just call me Wallie, I did not mean that you meant I was a wallie, I was saying that about myself, so my apoligies to all and hope it rests here.

Ok - both of us were too quick off the mark with the typing;)

Now, as regards the issue with the remote control - it's highly unlikely that a code issued by SKY in the future will work on your existing remote. The code number that you key in to the remote is just an index number of a set of infra-red commands that are stored in it already. So if your remote is an older one, it may not have up-to-date commands stored in it. The 0537 code for Nordmende is the generic manufacturer's code in SKY remotes. It's not specific to SKY+, it should work in ordinary SKY remotes also. When you key in a four digit code the remotes cycles through stored commands for each model of that brand of tv in sequence each time you press the TV and ON/OFF keys. When the light on the remote blinks three times it means it has tried all the stored commands. Assuming you have done that and been unsuccessful, then your remote does not have the correct commands stored in it. There is an outside possibility that the code for a different manufacturer might work. This link (already provided) http://www.satcure.com/tech/digicode.htm#wontv is useful if you want to delve further into the subject.:)
    It's possible that a newer remote will operate the TV, though. You can get universal remotes which look like the original SKY or SKY+ remotes which would have the most up-to-date commands.

Cheers Tony, pals at long last lol. Will try what you suggest, and it does make sense, I did say to hubby that we may need an up to date remote for as you say, we have an older one, so will try anything.
    Thanx :p:);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sean Treacy

try re-entering the code, press select and red button together and enter 0065 after 2 flashes, this might work, i hav a nordmende tv and the volume wont work either but im looking 4 a solution. i will get back 2 ya if i fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

try re-entering the code, press select and red button together and enter 0065 after 2 flashes, this might work, i hav a nordmende tv and the volume wont work either but im looking 4 a solution. i will get back 2 ya if i fix it

this thread is a Year old! (3 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jonsandy

it might be an old thread but its a new problem for me, anyone have any luck getting a code that works?

Advertisement