Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16gb ZEN - €200

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what's mtp haven't heard that acronymn before.

it's a mighty fine deal for that player. i too is tempted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mtp - wiki

it's only used by microsoft xp/vista (all recent creative DAP's have been mtp only). It's aim was to be a set of rules for transferring media between the computer and device, all to help the user, however compared to msc/ums it's more of a hindrance. I use OSX so I can't use this device unless I install Windows Xp (but I've lost my licence so my copy of Xp is useless, unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ahh balls to that so, kick in the teeth to us mac users :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Mactard wrote: »
    313QNXdVBrL._AA280_.jpg

What a price!!!

On amazon.co.uk you can get the Creative ZEN for £140, which is approx. €200

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-ZEN-16GB-MP3-Player/dp/B000V9IAW0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1198174938&sr=8-7

That's quite a deal.... I'm so tempted! but, the ZEN is mtp only, which rules me out...

wasn't there something about amazon not delivering to Ireland? Or do they deliever now?

Cant remember the exact details but i went to order something a few years back and i couldn't get it to ireland?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Macspower wrote: »
    wasn't there something about amazon not delivering to Ireland? Or do they deliever now?

Cant remember the exact details but i went to order something a few years back and i couldn't get it to ireland?

That's right dude, they no longer ship electronics here... but I posted this because most of us would know someone in the UK usually....so you could get them to buy it and ship it over..or just find it for that price over here...or or, get AMP.co.uk to price match it and they'll ship it over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That is a fantastic price for the 16g zen. Had to pay €300 for mine and it's only been out a month so it's pretty soon for them to be reducing the price like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Few going on eBay from powersellers from Singapore for €220 odd including postage

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CREATIVE-ZEN-16GB-MP3-MP4-VIDEO-PHOTO-2-5-SD-3-GIFT_W0QQitemZ230205657509QQihZ013QQcategoryZ73839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By the way I'm pretty sure that seller laurayang1978 runs a shop with a guy I bought an iBook off 6 months or so ago who was one of the best sellers I've come across on eBay. I was sceptical of buying from Singapore in case I got stung but he had 100% positive feedback with around 400 comments, he answered all of my questions in perfect English within about an hour of asking them, charged me €20 for postage from Singapore, gave me the tracking number which could be tracked every single step of the way from Singapore like here (which even DHL don't do if it's coming from the UK) and it arrived here within 3 days.

There's mention on the Wikipedia entry for MTP that it supports Apple iSynch, will this MP3 player definitely not support Mac?

steveland? wrote: »
    Few going on eBay from powersellers from Singapore for €220 odd including postage

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CREATIVE-ZEN-16GB-MP3-MP4-VIDEO-PHOTO-2-5-SD-3-GIFT_W0QQitemZ230205657509QQihZ013QQcategoryZ73839QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

By the way I'm pretty sure that seller laurayang1978 runs a shop with a guy I bought an iBook off 6 months or so ago who was one of the best sellers I've come across on eBay. I was sceptical of buying from Singapore in case I got stung but he had 100% positive feedback with around 400 comments, he answered all of my questions in perfect English within about an hour of asking them, charged me €20 for postage from Singapore, gave me the tracking number which could be tracked every single step of the way from Singapore like here (which even DHL don't do if it's coming from the UK) and it arrived here within 3 days.

There's mention on the Wikipedia entry for MTP that it supports Apple iSynch, will this MP3 player definitely not support Mac?

If you're gonna go for ebay then you might as well order it from the states instead (it's $200 there <€140>) Just my opinion though...

Regarding iSync, does that transfer music? I've looked into the ZEN working with OSX a few times as I'm always tempted by this unit.... I know there's a project called XNJB<libmtp> ( http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/download.html ) which might work... but I'm not willing to risk it :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

There is now a 32G version of the Zen listed on Creatives site for pre-ordering, and a 2G version as well. Their webage claims it's available for shipping from the 21st December for £285 but not sure how accurate that date might really be. ;)

There is also a new version of the firmware out for the Zen that increases the SD card integration a bit more, but only for photos so far as there does not appear to be any change for the music library function.

Advertisement