Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Never thought I would hear a rapper with a laois accent!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

You've made my morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 murphy_j

I cant get it out of my head....

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

How can I know if that's the Laois accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

How can I know if that's the Laois accent?

Eh by listening with your ears and from the fact that the dude is from laois.:rolleyes:

True, true... But, apart from the thing, he's from Laois, what else. The pronunciation? Words that are not used in other parts of Ireland? How can I distinguish Laois man form, let's say, Kilkenny or Cork?

• Advertisement

True, true... But, apart from the thing, he's from Laois, what else. The pronunciation? Words that are not used in other parts of Ireland? How can I distinguish Laois man form, let's say, Kilkenny or Cork?

That question is very pedantic! To be honest I'm not sure whether you are asking the question sincerly or just taking the pi**.:confused:

It was only supposed to be a funny light hearted thread ffs! :rolleyes:What does it matter? How are you supposed to describe an accent? I have lived in portlaoise my whole life I know what the accent sounds like. This guy grew up and lives in Laois, therefore he has a Laois accent!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

i worked with him on a site in portlaois....one of the funniest fcukers ive met in a long time .....if you think that ones good check out the rest of his stuff on you tube

That question is very pedantic! To be honest I'm not sure whether you are asking the question sincerly or just taking the pi**.:confused:

No offence, I was just curious.

When I first read the thread, I started to wonder if I could describe accents of my origin. Mean, different parts of Poland. I talked with my girlfriend and we decided that it'd be very, very difficult. Next day I heard the show on the radio and they were asking the listeners to choose best Irish accent. Again, it made me even more curious and I decided to ask here.

BTW, it is funny and the "song" gets into your head.

Regards.

No offence, I was just curious.

When I first read the thread, I started to wonder if I could describe accents of my origin. Mean, different parts of Poland. I talked with my girlfriend and we decided that it'd be very, very difficult. Next day I heard the show on the radio and they were asking the listeners to choose best Irish accent. Again, it made me even more curious and I decided to ask here.

BTW, it is funny and the "song" gets into your head.

Regards.

Ok cool :) I was all confused. Na its to hard to describe accents. Once you get used to them yourself their easy to distinguish yourself but hard to explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wallysmad

i recieved a phone call from GALL saying my video is getn some small reconition on this site an some people ar keen on wot they heard..my apprication is greatly given to yee all in commenting on it,,thanks a mill..iv a load more on youtube..search for mossy86 if u feel the need for more ,,ha ha..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

most laois accents would be described as 'flat' they're not as sing-song as you'd get in cork/kerry, words get stretched out a little but it's very difficult to describe accents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

go on Wally ya mad yoke !!!

Hey Wally

Good stuff, you've got talent. I know your brother (the journo) well!

Here he is again, saw a few familiar faces there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Its pretty damn good if you ask me. Very catchy.
    Theres a HD version of the video available from his website - wallysmad.com

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Wally has performed live in a few venues round Portlaois recently, particularly on thursday nights in Barmondays when the karaoke is on. He has been there singing the same song three weeks in a row. Crowd love him though.

thanks for posting up my video on this site

wally has indeed being doing the same song in the same pub each night he goes there...now the time has come for wally to take the stage on his show..3yr working on my album has come to its end now..im doing a support act in kavanaghs in portlaoise on the 29th of this month..so form those who want to see irelands first proper rapper with enjoyable and heartfelt songs...come along.....you wont be sorry......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Fair play Wally who do you think has been playing the track for you so you can sing over??? Me..... lol howya doin buddy, ya need to get me a copy of the album so we can get ya doing a different song. Haven't seen ya in a cpl of weeks where have ya been hiding.

...jesus i didn kno it was you man...sorry bout that..iv been in the studio doing the last mix on the album,its just finished now..getting ready for the support gig coming up..im playing new yrs eve in kavanaghs too,,the album will be on sale that night too....i may call in to you wen i get it,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Stu-b-one

fantastic to see the O'Loughlin madness being channelled so well. Well done

Advertisement