Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 versions of apache- address without port number

Options
  • 19-12-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I have 2 versions of apache running on the same server.
    This server when everything is setup properly will be running a backup for a few different websites.

Anyway | have one version of apache running on port 80 and I have another version running on port 82.

Is it possible to create virtual hosts on the apache that is running on port 82 without having to have :82 at the end.

ex. [url]www.mysite.com:82[/url]
    is all I can get to work on that version of apache at the moment

Is there a way I could change that so it would work for
    www.mysite.com
    even though that version of apache is not running on port 80?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Not possible as far as i know. your site will have to resolve to [url]www.mysite.com:82[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

Judging by your earlier question relating to Tomcat... If you have tomcat behind these apache servers then it is possible to have one apache server redirect requests to as many tomcat servers by using the mod_proxy_ajp module.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Yep thats right Im trying to integrate apache 1.3.9 with mod_jk.so but it doesn't work because I think its the wrong version of mod_jk.so.

I can't find any mod_jk.so for apache 1.3.9 and don't know how to build one so that's another of my problems.

Is it not mod_jk.so you have to use to get apache and tomcat working together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Don't know anything about Tomcat, but look into the Apache 'NameVirtualHost' directive to run two seperate sites on a single Apache installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

This is the old method of getting them working together. Not sure what the current way is.

mod_proxy i believe is the connector now as lynchie said ...

• Advertisement

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Yep thats right Im trying to integrate apache 1.3.9 with mod_jk.so but it doesn't work because I think its the wrong version of mod_jk.so.

I can't find any mod_jk.so for apache 1.3.9 and don't know how to build one so that's another of my problems.

Is it not mod_jk.so you have to use to get apache and tomcat working together?

yeah, see if you can use apache 2 + proxy_ajp.. much easier than old method

I need to use mod_jk unfortunately because that's what was used previously.

The problem is I can't get apache working with mod_jk.

Ive installed apache 1.3.33 and mod_jk/1.2.8 and it keeps giving me this error.

Syntax error on line 988 of c:/apache14/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
    Cannot load c:/apache14/apache/modules/mod_jk.so into server: (127) The specified procedure could not be found

Im pointing it at the correct directory and file and it just won't work.
    This is driving me up the wall.

Ive been trying to get this bloody thing working for a week with no success.
    Can't find a suitable mod_jk and don't know how to build one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Is there any reason why you are using an old version of apache? with mod_jk you should be able to load jsp files through apache which pass it back to tomcat and you can use JkMount and JkUnMount to deal with different doc roots. What are you trying to do exactly?

I need to use mod_jk unfortunately because that's what was used previously.

The problem is I can't get apache working with mod_jk.

Ive installed apache 1.3.33 and mod_jk/1.2.8 and it keeps giving me this error.

Syntax error on line 988 of c:/apache14/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
    Cannot load c:/apache14/apache/modules/mod_jk.so into server: (127) The specified procedure could not be found

Im pointing it at the correct directory and file and it just won't work.
    This is driving me up the wall.

Ive been trying to get this bloody thing working for a week with no success.
    Can't find a suitable mod_jk and don't know how to build one.

ummm.. You are referncing mod_jk.so which is a unix lib, yet ur conf file makes reference to c:/apache which suggests ur running it on Windows. You need to win32 binary dll for modjk not the unix shared library.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭trellheim

use squid or something to front both webservers or apache to redirect to the other two apaches

• Advertisement

What would be the correct mod_jk dll for apache 2.2.4?

What would be the correct mod_jk dll for apache 2.2.4?

Are you using apache 2.2 now or apache 1.3.33?

If you are using apache 2.2, all you have to do is install the win32 binary from apache's website.

Then open the http.conf, remove the # in front of the LoadModule mod_proxy and LoadModule mod_proxy_ajp.

Then add the following at end of http.conf

ProxyPass /XXXXX ajp://localhost:8009/YYYYY

Where XXXX is the url on apache to forward from and YYYY is the name of the web app on tomcat

Then just enter http://localhost/XXXXX

Advertisement