Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interior cabinet lighting

Options
  • 18-12-2007 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

I am renovating a French style cabinet (6ft6ins high by 3ft6ins wide). The cabinet is made of wood but has glass panels in the double doors and on the sides. I want to install lighting to illuminate the display (ceramics, crystal etc) on glass interior shelves which I am having made. I have looked at underside cabinet downlighters (eg halogen) available in diy stores but all seem to me to generate too much heat for the interior of a closed cabinet. Are there standard light fittings for cabinet interiors and where could I get them? Wexford area, but Waterford, Kilkenny or Dublin are ok. I need one or at most two lights (non-recessed) that could be fixed to the top (ceiling) of the cabinet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 kevin1999

Aeneas wrote: »
    I am renovating a French style cabinet (6ft6ins high by 3ft6ins wide). The cabinet is made of wood but has glass panels in the double doors and on the sides. I want to install lighting to illuminate the display (ceramics, crystal etc) on glass interior shelves which I am having made. I have looked at underside cabinet downlighters (eg halogen) available in diy stores but all seem to me to generate too much heat for the interior of a closed cabinet. Are there standard light fittings for cabinet interiors and where could I get them? Wexford area, but Waterford, Kilkenny or Dublin are ok. I need one or at most two lights (non-recessed) that could be fixed to the top (ceiling) of the cabinet.

I have installed lighting in a cabinet for a lady last week im a sparks , there is a new type of flourscent lighting it is 8 watt and electronic its so slim and i was impressed its only available in wholesale shops but they sell to the public no problem they are available in different lengts 6 -8-10- inch hope you get a good sparks

Advertisement