Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating a site

Options
  • 18-12-2007 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Not all sites or columns indicate the date of publication. Sometimes I need to read way too much to figure that it is old technology.Is there a way with IE 6 (XP Pro) to see the date that the write-up or page was publicized? I tried a search with Google but using the word 'date' really sends you up the garden path, fatal.I'm not a html Guru so I do not know what to look for.Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

I'll have a root and see if I can get a google string for ya but in the mean time check out www.johnny.ihackstuff.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Vaalpens

Thanks coldfeet, very interesting site. I've checked all possibilities there and the closest I get is something like 'cvs' but from there on I'm lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Vaalpens

Hi coldfeet, I eventually found a sort-of solution. While on a site just replace the URL with javascript:alert(document.lastModified) and hit enter.
    It depends on the make up of the site if you will see the actual last update date or if the current date and time is returned.
    I've decided to let this issue rest, thanks for joining in.

Advertisement