Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod - iTunes Problem

Options
  • 18-12-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

I subscribed to itunes recently and bought a few tracks.
    I then synched my ipod but for some reason, some of the tracks I bought don't appear in my artists list.
    I can find them in the albums list but they are absolutly nowhere to be found in the artists list.

Is this normal or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

I subscribed to itunes recently and bought a few tracks.
    I then synched my ipod but for some reason, some of the tracks I bought don't appear in my artists list.
    I can find them in the albums list but they are absolutly nowhere to be found in the artists list.

Is this normal or what?

Check if it's in the recently added on itunes if not they might be gone. There was some problem with itunes where it was deleting files from the downloaded folder on your computer, even tracks you bought and paid for hopefully this hasn't happened to u, think the latest update fixed it dunno if u can download the songs once you've already paid and downloaded them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Given you said you can find them in the albums list, I expect that they've been given the artist title of "Various Artists" or some such ... There's an option in iTunes that controls this, it's a check box with text like "group artists in compilations" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

art wrote: »
    Given you said you can find them in the albums list, I expect that they've been given the artist title of "Various Artists" or some such ... There's an option in iTunes that controls this, it's a check box with text like "group artists in compilations" or something like that.

That sounds like what may be causing it, but I just checked my artist list and I have nothing under 'various'.

That sounds like what may be causing it, but I just checked my artist list and I have nothing under 'various'.

Have u checked in the recently added list, no matter what name it gives it, it's gonna be there

I don't seem to have a recently added list on my ipod.
    Where do I find it?

• Advertisement

I don't seem to have a recently added list on my ipod.
    Where do I find it?

U find it on itunes on the left.

Oh I know about that yeah, I can find that no problem.
    I just can't find the tracks under their artist name on the actual ipod.

Oh I know about that yeah, I can find that no problem.
    I just can't find the tracks under their artist name on the actual ipod.

Is there a recently added list on the ipod in itunes ? Might find it there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Zorba wrote: »
    Is there a recently added list on the ipod in itunes ? Might find it there

Just sort the songs on your iPod view in iTunes by using the "recently added" column, click the arrow so that the most recent songs display first.

Sorted.

Thanks lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

art wrote: »

I've been trying to find this function to no avail, can anyone help? New to iTunes obviously. cheers

Advertisement