Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roleplaying in realtime-ish ;)

Options
  • 17-12-2007 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Lo .. I'm not sure if many here have played any form of MUD?
    Its a text based online game for RP type of play

Reason I'm posting, is the one I used to play is back up and needs more ppl ;) Connecting is easy.. its just a telnet window (can use zmud or some other clients if you begin to feel the addiction ;) )

from a command prompt do telnet dhmud.org 8888
    or in the address bar of explorer/internet explorer
    [url]telnet://dhmud.org:8888[/url]

useful commands:
    help, help newbie, who, score, stats, spells, skills, eq, n,s,e,w (if you see anyone with a (NH) in their name on the 'who', they're a newbie helper and want to be bugged with questions ;) tell <name> hi

:D

combat rolls etc are all done based on stats, skills etc.

see ya there,

/Bal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I swore off MUDs a couple of years ago after I played them off enough that I started dreaming in text. However I do recommend them quite a lot. In moderation. Moderation is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Likewise i played the avalon MUD in the early 90s for a great number of years and as Raph says its highly addictive and lots of fun. They were the first true MMO PRG's but the great thing about MUDs are there completely free of charge no registration no monthly fee's

They are indeed allot of fun. I hear tell of a discworld MUD tho i dont know if its any good. Im more of a WoW player myself these days, dont really play MUD's anymore but i would whole heartdly suggest if you havent played a MUD before then you should try it out

http://www.topmudsites.com/

or of course you could try dhmud.org as suggested above.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Balmark

This is a straight out, I need help to get a site up in rankings, so please vote :P post ..

I'm hoping I can get some of you guys to do me a favour, we need more people playing *grin*

http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/v...mud=Dragonheart

By voting, we'll get higher on a list that might get us some fresh blood :D

Anyhow, I would really appreciate the help to rank the game up on this mud connector list *grin

we really only average atm about 9 ppl online at any time, looking for the way it used to be with 50 average ;)

Advertisement