Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top TG Triple Bill Sunday Dec 23rd

Options
  • 17-12-2007 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

At 7 James May : My Sister's Top Toys then the TG Awards show, then
    Richard Hammond Meets Evel Knievel

Sun 23 Dec, 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm 60mins

Before America's greatest stunt star's recent death, Top Gear host Richard Hammond fulfilled a childhood dream and spent four days with the daredevil stunt legend Evel Knievel.

During a spectacular known as Evel Knievel Days in Butte, Montana, the town of his birth, Evel reminiscences with about his death-defying feats and recollects the triumph, glory and pain as he shares insights into crashes and the precarious balance between life and death.

The event is an extravaganza of Evel-inspired motorcycle stunts which attracts a throng of Evel's unique fans. With followers as individual as Evel himself, this is an experience Richard won't forget in a hurry. [AD,S]

Three hours of top stuff. :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

Cool and there's Clarkson hosting Have I Got News For You after all that as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And the Great Escape is on in the late afternoon! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Lovely theres remote control cars on it tonight:D
    Shoot out between rs4, new m3 and an amg, all German monsters.
    I actually can't wait for it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno why but I'd go for the Merc, its so chinzty and yet is proberbly like mad sex when you put your foot down.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

The Merc looks horrible imo, I'd be stuck between the Audi and the BMW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Dregon wrote: »
    The Merc looks horrible imo, I'd be stuck between the Audi and the BMW
    I'm with you on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »
    I dunno why but I'd go for the Merc, its so chinzty and yet is proberbly like mad sex when you put your foot down.

Mike.

Yeah the Merc was my pick too. really liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I laughed when Hammond blew up the Stig's RC electric car! Stig just stood there motionless (as usual)!

It reminded me of that Dirty Harry film, 'The Dead Pool'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

I was reminded of the PS2 game Grand Theft Auto - as far as I recall there was a mission where you had to drive a remote control car underneath a real car and then blow it up. Hilarious!

Couldn't help thinking those 3 cars in the test - the M3, the RS4 and the CL63 - were a waste. I mean who's going to get to drive them like they did on the race track. They're overblown for day to day use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Thought that was a bit of an anticlimax for the last episode in the series. Thought the Christmas gifts part was very funny though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement