Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winact vs Athlete

Options
  • 17-12-2007 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Another either or senario here. I am in the market for a new bow, i currently shoot an agula riser (not great but dose the job). I have been looking at two risers and am yet undecided. Win&Win Winact or Samick Athlete?
    Anyone who has either or just has an obinion on either i would like to hear it!
    Oh and befor anyone starts sugesting to me that I should get a TEC riser, im not intrested, I like a punchy shot, TEC is to dead for me........
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

Both risers are very similar and will preform the same.

The samick has a better limb alignment system but is painted so might chip the odd time.

I think you should go on looks. Which one do you think is nicer. Because they will shoot the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Carebear11 wrote: »
    Oh and befor anyone starts sugesting to me that I should get a TEC riser, im not intrested, I like a punchy shot, TEC is to dead for me........
    Cheers!

Matrix is technically a TEC but is pretty famous for having a good punch, one of the reasons it was so popular! Tough to get now though ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

Im not all that intrested in the Matrix, punchy yes but it can be sed to be to punchy. If what toxof says is true the better looking riser is the Winact.
    Altho i was looking at the weight specs and the Winact ways in at 1100 grams 10 more than my Agula where as the Samick is 1285 grams olny 15 less than the legendary heavy Masters, comments on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

A lot of this is giong to be down to personal preferance. Your best bet if you can is to find someone who has one or the other and ask them really nicely if you can shoot it. I have seen a few winacts in the colleges league.

Also the pse x-factor is meant to be punchy.

Carebear11 wrote: »
    only 15 less than the legendary heavy Masters

You should have tried the old Master at 1400 grams... That is very heavy.

If you plan on shooting outdoors the extra weight is good as it moves less in the wind.

Keith Hanlon recently shot the samick and really liked it.

Which ever you choose you will not regret it. Both good risers.

• Advertisement

Hmmmmmmm well so far im leaning toward the winact......

So, you just answered your own question :)

Get the winact. Its great and you will love it!:D

Well i supose i did then dident I, but not without help!

Cheers guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rickv

i don't know wether you've allready bougt the bow but i wanted to say, the samick is of a higher level. the limb ajustment system works perfectly and the quality of the samick compared to the win&win is so high. it is just a big difference. the quality is simmilar to the quality of the masters. i would choose the samick it is just so much bow for its price.

one more thing, if you look at the bows the olimpic archers are shooting with you will see that more of them are using the athlete the they use the masters or the win&win we're talking about

greets Rick

Rickv wrote: »
    i don't know wether you've allready bougt the bow but i wanted to say, the samick is of a higher level. the limb ajustment system works perfectly and the quality of the samick compared to the win&win is so high. it is just a big difference. the quality is simmilar to the quality of the masters. i would choose the samick it is just so much bow for its price.

one more thing, if you look at the bows the olimpic archers are shooting with you will see that more of them are using the athlete the they use the masters or the win&win we're talking about

greets Rick

Bit late, I bought the bow over a year ago now and it shoots great, I have had the time since to try a Samic Athleat and I dident like it, also in 50 degree plus temprature the paont on the riser menlts slightly and it chips badly from what I have seen on a friend of mines bow. Im very glad I bought the Winact!

• Advertisement
Advertisement