Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defenses against hostile take overs

Options
  • 17-12-2007 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

how would you go about answering it?

Q- Explain with examples the possible defences against hostile takeovers?

I'll tell you what i've done so far... or being preparing.

Introduction to defences against hostile take overs

Then

Breakup
    Shareholder mobilsation
    Pac Man
    Greenmail
    Standstill
    White Knight
    White square
    Trojan horse
    Management Buyout
    Assets Revaluation
    Crown Jewels Lock up
    Dividend Increase
    Golden and tin parachutes
    Golden shares and supermajorities
    Poison pills
    Share Repellents...........

Well i said a little bit about the points i've mentioned....

Now i need more examples of not things like the above.... more to do with eg, Vodafones hostile take overs bid for mannesman highlights debate on the german capitalist model..... i've used vodafore as an example of shareholders Mobilisation as i found an artical in on the net about it... but im having trouble finding examples for others...

This in an exam question that im preparing for and i think im on the right track but i need about 4 examples of different companies..

Not too sure if i've explained it well or not but i'd really like someones help.
    i need information at the latest tommorrow.

Can any one help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

When pharm company Sanofi made a hostile bid for Aventis, Aventis introduced a white knight in the form of Novartis; used golden handshakes with its board if they were taken over; poison pills in the form of the redundancy package that staff would be entitled to should Aventis be taken over and redundancies announced. Google it, you'll find details

Advertisement