Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Boards Beers - anyone up for it?

Options
  • 16-12-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Just putting the feelers out there, ... wondering if anyone would be up for a Boards Beers in Louth (Dundalk, presumably...)

Any takers/ideas/suggestions/...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

How about Dwada? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

It would have to be held in the capital of County Louth:rolleyes:

Ah I forgot to read the rules regarding the location of Boards Beers.

Chapter 2
    Section 5
    Sub paragraph 1.1
    All regional Boards Beers must be held in the capital of the county.

Thanks for clearing that up. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭gipi

So we're all off to Annagassan, hey! :)

No bother wouldn't mind that in the least. Cosy little pub, few pints ......... mummmmm!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hmm... so that's a general "No" to beers in Dundalk, then?...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

What IS da capital of Louth!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'd love to Bard, I'm just up to my eyes at the minute :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Ardee is a central town in Louth. Enuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Ardee is a central town in Louth. Enuff said.
    LOL at the prospect of a Boards beers in my local town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

i'm from meath but i spend 90% of my time in louth, can i go? :D

the bowling alley in dundalk would be a good place to start, its got bowling and beer

Nah don't mind Dundalk as long as there's beer. Beer's good. Depends on the date though and how the hell would I get back home from the country.

Dingatron wrote: »
    Nah don't mind Dundalk as long as there's beer. Beer's good. Depends on the date though and how the hell would I get back home from the country.

is there a decent hostel or b&b in dundalk we should book into? i used to have a house there and gladly would have accomodated people but sadly not living there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

Cannot make it , but enjoy...

Well if a few of us from the general Drogheda direction were going we could sort some transport out I'm sure?

Hmm... if this idea is still alive then cool... I'd not be available for it myself 'til mid-to-late Jan, and I'd imagine, given the silly season that's upon us, a lot of people would be in that boat.

I suggest either the Spirit Store or the Bartender in Dundalk as a venue...

yeh the end of january would be a good time, and i vote for the sprit store, i dont know where the bartender is ?

draffodx wrote: »
    yeh the end of january would be a good time, and i vote for the sprit store, i dont know where the bartender is ?

The Bartender is the new name for The Beerkeeper (on Park Street, opposite site of the road from the Imperial, near the Roma ;) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

yeh still doing this ? I'm not out of th country yet.. the Spirit Store is dead nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭KevinMc

Why don't yous go for a beer in the Dundalk IceDome and watch the a bit of Ice Hockey. The Dundalk Bulls are playing the Concordia stingers of canada on Sunday and Monday........:D

• Advertisement

You must own that Ice Dome Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭WildIrishRose

I'd be up for drinks in Dundalk though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭KevinMc

You must own that Ice Dome Kevin.

LOL, no but sometimes I think I live there. Before it opened i'd only ever been in Dundalk once. But now it's once a week. I love the ice hockey and want dundalk to get a hard core following like Belfast has. Plus there is a team coming all the way from canada to play two friendlies against the Dundalk Bulls wouldbe nice if there was a big crowd. I'd love a great atmosphere in there.

Anyway, has anyone here checked out the bar in the Ice Dome? what do they thing of it? Surely it would be good for a few drinks :D

You should put a link in your sig. I must try and make a game, I've heard great reports.

yeh we really should look into getting this goin, a date should be just picked and a venue selected and then get a list of who's goin to go, maybe open it to the whole northeast to get a little bit more people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I'd go but I'm moving away on Wednesday.

Donal is right though, time date and venue.

did you look into this anymore bard?

Advertisement