Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winning Streak tonight @ 8.30

Options
  • 15-12-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭

My 96 year old granny is on it.

Should be great gas, she's mad as a bag of cats, a real character

Good luck Gran!:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Ahhh bless. Fair play to her!

Hop she won a fair bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I was about to start a new thread but I'll hijack this instead.
    Big jackpot in the lotto tonight

When is the cut-off for the draw?
    About to leg it to the newsagents

Sorry OP and best of luck to your Gran :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

19:45 i think is the cut off for lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Man, just don't get too upset when guys post here "she looks familiar..."

ed: or "I'd hit it", or "tits or gtfo"...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'd hit it.

That's my way of saying good luck to her. Even though she has already done it so...eh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Tell her not to wear long sleeves when shes spinning the wheel, wouldn't want her catching her clothes on those pins :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They cut all the good stuff out I hear.

They cut all the good stuff out I hear.

... like the lesbian sex scenes? Yeah, I heard that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Cool, won't be watching it, gonna watch The Worlds Fastest Indian instead. If its ****e after half hour ill flick over.

Hope she does/did well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Ah good luck Granny KevIRL!!:) Is she excited? Will you not be in the audience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the shows aren't live afaik.

if a relative of mine was on it i don't think i'd go, couldn't listen to derek mooney for 30 seconds let alone 30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Good luck to YORE GRAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

go on the babs

It's on at the minute.....your gran actually makes winning streak bearable.
    She is such a character :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Which one is she??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Which one is she??
    Hope your Gran does well.:cool: ( Can't see it, kids have taken over the TV):mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'd give her one for the inheritance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

how much did she win?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

blahblah06 wrote: »
    go on the babs

Go on the babs is right. She's wanted to be on that show for years, seriously she was happier to get 3 stars on a scratchcard than 100 quid. Then at 96 she finally got on the show, and she was legendary tonight

won 20K and a round the world trip.

And she made derek mooney work for his wages tonight!!!!!!!!!

Well done Babs:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good for her, would she be a person who would go on the round the world trip? That would be pretty cool thing to do if she hasn't travelled a whole lot before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

or you could nick it off her....

Well done though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

She could just take the cash instead of the holiday aswell!! Actually I think you just get the cash for it either way!!

Ruu wrote: »
    Good for her, would she be a person who would go on the round the world trip? That would be pretty cool thing to do if she hasn't travelled a whole lot before.

I dunno whats gonna happen with that, id love if she could go on it. but we gotta see. She's v old, but it would be great to see her jetting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I flicked over and say an old woman waving a walking stick. Was that her? Legend really.

janeybabe wrote: »
    I flicked over and say an old woman waving a walking stick. Was that her? Legend really.

Yeah that was her, waving her stick all round the place. Legend is the exact word. Derek Mooney got a great laugh off her.

It was touch and go for a while if she would have been able to go on herself, or someone might have had to represent her on the show, but its great she was able to do it herself

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

Awh that's great! Delighted for your gran! Wonder how many of us will reach the ripe old age of 96! And then get on the telly....and win money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

haha i was talking to my mam on the phone last night and she was watching it and she was telling me about the over 90 woman she said she was a real character and had the energy of a two year old.. i love old people with a bit of craic left in them there's nothin better...congrats to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

good stuff my gran of 89 was screaming at the tele " win win win ! , derek you sexy thing ".... i wish i was that hyper :)

congrats on her winning. should have a sound crimbo ;)

Harpy wrote: »
    haha i was talking to my mam on the phone last night and she was watching it and she was telling me about the over 90 woman she said she was a real character and had the energy of a two year old.. i love old people with a bit of craic left in them there's nothin better...congrats to her.

There was a bit that they cut out that was meant to be brilliant. At the start when Mooney was asking her about her age and she said she was born in 1911, Mooney said 'well ye musnt have had electricity then' and my Gran said 'no we used candles'. Mooney then asked her, did ye burn the candle at both ends?
    Babs didnt understand at all what he was asking, and looked at him with a serious face and says 'No, when they were finished we just lit a new one'!

Legend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GazClimbs

Alright Kev (Kev k yeah?), your cork cus here Gearoid

Wasn't she a buzz!!

Check it on youtube http://youtube.com/profile?user=GazClimbs

Can send a dvd if you wan't

Advertisement