Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help need with Gps Tracking System in Development

Options
  • 14-12-2007 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Dear All,

I’m pretty new to gps but, as a developer, I’m keen to explore new things and tinker about :-)

I’m using my gps receiver to track my car’s position, send that position over the internet to my website with a database, from which my wife can see where I am, in real-time. I think that’s cool, but then I’m a bit of a geek.

It’s not a perfect system, it’s not finished, actually it in pieces but its working :-)

I wanted to know if anyone else would be interested in trying it out. Its free and has not guarantee of working all of the time as its in development, and privacy is out the window, but if you got the equipment and the interest, you can post data to the database on the move, and pull it off later, others can also see where you are “now” just by typing in your username.

Why am I asking others to use this system even though its way not finished? Because I need feedback! As I said I’m no gps guru. I don’t know what others would expect from such a system. All I am interested in is allowing my wife to see where I am, and eventually where my kids are (mobile phone tracking hehe). I want to polish it up but I know there are a thousand other uses for the system and I know it would be useful, especially if its free.

If you would like to get involved or if you got any questions please post a reply here and I’ll get back to you.

Thanks!
    Sean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 seanpu1

ok, GPSClient is ready and available to download.

Anyone brave enough to test is very welcome!

http://aspspider.info/seanpu1

Enjoy and Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

URL is kacked. What hardware is required?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

URL is kacked.

Change onfo to info and it seems to work...

URL is kacked. What hardware is required?

typo! :)

Hi All,

Site has moved to http://gps.kicks-ass.net/gps_buddy/

I've just bought myself a XDA Orbit Windows Mobile PC with built in GPS receiver. Happy Days! So I'm currently writing an application to grab GPS positions and post them ot my website as a few others.

Keep you posted!

Sean

• Advertisement
Advertisement