Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cinnamon latte/coffee

Options
  • 14-12-2007 1:02am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a big latte drinker - not big on milky coffee and that's pretty much what a latte is - but as a fan of cinnamon things (remember big red chewing gum? yum) I decided to give Costa's festive Cinnamon Latte a try and thought it was lovely.

The cinnamon added a nice kick to what I think is an otherwise dull enough coffee variant and went down a treat.

Anyone else a fan cinnamon-flavoured coffee or anyone got any suggestions for different recipes to try next time?

Also, the cinnamon flavour seemed to be some syrup stuff they have - it was in one of a few bottles they have which I assumed contained various flavouring.

Anyone know where you can get this stuff? Would love to have it for coffees at home!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I think Starbucks sell christmas-themed syrups this time of year. Might be worth checking them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭balon

I only drink black coffee and love a good sprinkle of cinnamon powder over it. Big Red's are good only the flavour doesn't last too long. Got some Strong Cinnamon Altoids in the states last week. Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I had a latte the other day with Gingerbread flavour syrup and it was gorgeous. I had never seen it before and curiosity got the better of me.

If was from the Coffee/Food Company on Nassau Street.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

balon wrote: »
    I only drink black coffee and love a good sprinkle of cinnamon powder over it. Big Red's are good only the flavour doesn't last too long. Got some Strong Cinnamon Altoids in the states last week. Yum!

Tried some ground cinnamon in my black coffee the other day and it did nothing for it - will have to try again with some more powder I guess!

Thanks for the tips though, will try Starbucks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭musicfan

the gingerbread lattes from o'briens are disgusting!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Boaters Cinnamon and Hazelnut coffee! Very yummy. You can get it in Avoca and I think in Superquinn. Their vanilla coffee is nice too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Tried a cinnamon latte today on the back of this thread. Very nice for a change. I'll have to pick up some cinnamon from somewhere now and make them at home.

Nice and festive :)

Advertisement