Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Downlighter Fittings

Options
  • 13-12-2007 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi - does anyone know where I can get downlighters in the Dublin area to use as an external porch light. Most of the houses in my estate have them and they look pretty good....tried woodies, B&Q etc and no joy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

you can get pvc downlighters that have 12 volt bulbs or 240 volt fittings with gu-10 lamps. in the gu-10 range you can get energy saving cfl bulbs. i have the ones in my porch on a photo-cell so when it gets dark they come on automatically. the pvc range usually come with both black and white surrounds to match light or dark soffets. you could also go for the more exspensive ip rated downlighters that are used in showers and bathrooms. usually of alluminium construction and in a wider range of colours and shapes like oval, round, square and hexagonal.most electrical wholesalers will have them on the shelf. if your near the finglas area pm me and ill give you a price.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

shower downlights do a similar job and are cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭sapper

thanks! I'll try Micheal Garrys in town....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

there gone out of boltan st.....there in finglas now behind the new denis mahonys before the m-50 roundabout.

Advertisement