Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg Lcd

Options
  • 12-12-2007 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi Guys
    just looking for some advice.
    I just bought a 42'' LG LCD.
    Has screen burning being resolved on LCD's??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭jmal

As far as i know, Screen burn is usually only an issue with plasma's and not LCD's.

LCD's dont suffer for this issue as much, but LCD are more prone to having dead or stuck pixel.

Screen burn in most modern "high quality" plasma's has been addressed using technology to perform pixel switch operations every so often to prevent any individual pixel displaying the same image for a long period.

Although reciently I seen a friend's 12 month old Philips Plasma with very bad screen burn in the form of (CBeebies) or one of thoes childern channels in the top corner of the screen. Even when the screen was off the logo was still clearly visable. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I've a panasonic plasma and I've noticed it takes an awful long time ,for certain images to clear from the screen.

Solid colours ,like DVD title screens are the worst culprits.

But they all clear in an hour or so ,I think it has something to do with the heat that the plasma generates .

I don't think it's a weakness ,I think it's because of the power of the screen. It does look amazing though at displaying rich colours :)
    Obviously some manufactures spend all their time ,recreating this power and no time on how to elminate it's effects ,the panasonic seems reliable so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Sorry for the above post ,a little hasty me thinks:o

Advertisement