Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric shower ran cold

Options
  • 12-12-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the problem is here.

My daughter was in the shower today when all of a sudden the water ran cold. I switched it off and back on and it was hot for about five mins when same thing happened again. It's about 3 yrs old. Any ideas appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

What make of shower is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Spades

Same thing happened to me, it was a Mira Elite 2, The element had blown but I was lucky as it was just under 2 years old and had it repaired for free. I guess you may have the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Its a mira elite 2 as well........sounds fixable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Try cleaning the filter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Avns1s wrote: »
    Try cleaning the filter.

When i read your post i thought "filter"? how could it possibly have to do with the whole hot water issue...BUT as it happens there was a burst mains up the road that morning and we had no water for 4 hours, so obviously when it came back on it was mank.

Mira said the fact that the "low flow" light was on indicates it is a problem with the filter so neighbour is a spark and is gonig to look at it tonight. Top marks to you Avns1s! Hope youre right!!

Lol at the thought of me actually cleaning the filter, Females and switching off water and power supply (generally) end up in disaster :D.

cheers for replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement