Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] NTL problems

Options
  • 12-12-2007 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

I've discovered recently that the reason why EVE keeps crashing for me is due to NTL not sending packets fast enough for the game and so it crashes. The same thing has been happening to me with msn, the newer version anyway.

It's started happening since some apparent new merger. It's an absolute disgrace that a 6mb cable line can't run a MMORPG or msn messenger without them crashing every 10 minutes. How many people are having this problem? You reckon NTL will listen to me if I complain to them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Zippitydoo wrote: »
    I've discovered recently that the reason why EVE keeps crashing for me is due to NTL not sending packets fast enough for the game and so it crashes. The same thing has been happening to me with msn, the newer version anyway.

It's started happening since some apparent new merger. It's an absolute disgrace that a 6mb cable line can't run a MMORPG or msn messenger without them crashing every 10 minutes. How many people are having this problem? You reckon NTL will listen to me if I complain to them?

Ah, the merger. Corus merged with NTL and managed to make a customer support service line worse than NTL's previous attmepts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I have had three entirely separate nightmarish encounters with NTL. They are the single most incompetant company I have ever dealt with. Their crippling lack of internal communication means that nothing will ever get done when or how its supposed to be done.

Cancel your subscription, try someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Well i've heard form Xithus that they're trying to fix the problem so I think I'll bare with em for the moment- have exams anyway so probably shouldn't be playing games :) Happy with NTL in most other respects and the 6mb is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

im having issues with NTL too.

I get disconnects a few times an hour at least an it usually takes 30 seconds for the client to find the status of the server so i can connect.

Its making the game unplayable.

I have tried my computer on different NTL connections and the same problem occurs but it works perfect on Eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I would advise posting a similar thread in Eve General Discussion, might see if its not just ireland also, I seem to remember tiscali doing the same crap and there was so much up rise that CCP kieron actually contacted them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

There's a fairly large thread on the issue already here

It seems that UPC/NTL & Virgin Media are causing the problems. I've been on to Ntl support and I've gotten mixed replies, One girl told me to lower the games resolution and graphics :rolleyes: but another guy replied to an email I sent saying they are aware of the issue and are trying to find the problem. Its gotten worse for me now I can barely login at all, So I sent them another email today asking if they are still working on it. Anyways if its not fixed in the next couple of weeks I'm switching provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Off topic. But on the back of my statement. The number they give for Billing is 1908. Wtf, how am i supposed to dial that number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Niadh Ui Ulaid

There was a big piece on the UK news about this today.. basically people paying for 'up to' 8 mb, and then being lucky to get 2.. they are being told, hopefully, to sort it out, and being investigated apparently.

I use AOL atm, and have done for a while.. but I think I am going to change to BT, as they seem to be much more stable.

What number/email address can i send my complaints regarding this issue to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hilaryb

I think NTL is just a joke. after a year of stress and disconnect reconnect disconnect reconnect we eventually got SKY in and its the biz. great pic quality....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

What number/email address can i send my complaints regarding this issue to?

Only contact info I can find for NTL is http://www.ntlworld.ie/Services/Contact_us/ , hope this helps :D

R0ot wrote: »
    Only contact info I can find for NTL is http://www.ntlworld.ie/Services/Contact_us/ , hope this helps :D

complaint sent

i intend on sending an email every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

check the tabula rasa thread on the mmo forum they have a direct email for the guy at upc handling the problems

im not really supprised
    Your message

To: cablemodemhelp@upcmail.ie
    Subject: Port number not being allowed full speed. port 26000
    Sent: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:33:06 -0000

did not reach the following recipient(s):

CUSTOMER.SUPPORT@NTL.IE on Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:33:25 -0000
    The recipient name is not recognized
    The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=gb;a= ;p=ntl
    corp;l=MAST-DC0-SE150712271433Y7235DA0
    MSEXCH:IMS:NTL Corp:CableTel Datacentre:MAST-DC0-SE15 0 (000C05A6)
    Unknown Recipient

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Hi there

I just recently got Eve for the 14 day trial. I cant seem to get past the authentication, says "Your connection to the server was closed". I am also an NTL victim but Im wondering if this is part of the isp problem?

i have been having ongoing email discussions regarding this problem with a guy at NTL.

about 10 days i ago i get an email saying that they believe the resolved this issue so of course i go and test it straight away. Nothing has changed and i havnt been able to get a response from him since.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Is it not possible to switch to DSL in your area or something? NTL is a heap of **** tbh :p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

NTL is a pile of poo.

Do yourself a favour and spend your money elsewhere, personally I would reccomend Smarttelecom, but pretty much anyone would be better than that shower in NTL.

Just got an email regarding this issue.
    Below is meeting planned for monday drop me a mail mon afternoon I will update you

Hi Phil,

The NOC wishes to arrange a conference call for this Monday to discuss the next step/proceedure in resolving the Eve online gaming issue. They reckon that asking a customer to perform a sniffer test is not a good idea. Would it be possible to get someone to contact the NOC and arrange the conf call for monday afternoon and also to send the invite + bridge number to the RMC, Paul Malone, Denis Hanley, Advance support in Amsterdam.

Thanks

Derrick Mahon

RMC Engineer

UPC Ireland

Goldenbridge Industrial Estate

Inchicore

Dublin 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Clevernamehere

any news from the concall yesterday?

• Advertisement

not yet.
    Ive emailed him for an update but not got any response.

It probably got postponed and he doesn't want another angry email from me. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulyx

HI Lads,

I have been told that this issue is resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Clevernamehere

Still not working for me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

paulyx wrote: »
    HI Lads,

I have been told that this issue is resolved.

Thanks for the update, Works for me now :D

Really enjoying it so far, first couple of hours were a bit dodgey but im getting the hang of it.

Advertisement