Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Project?

Options
  • 11-12-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I did a piece about 8 years ago and its been badly neglected ... my bad.

Anyway its been sitting in mothers garden and its got to be shifted soon. I'll post pictures but basically its two large pieces of oak (from a single piece) about 5'6" joined with copper. Its aged now, the wood in greyed and the cooper is very dark ... not like in the pics.

So I want to give it to someone who will restore it and give it a home. All I want are photos of it.

working.jpg

SCULPTURE.jpg

Mods I hope this thread is ok, I'm not selling the piece, I just want a good home and maybe someone here might see it as an interesting project.

I'm based in Tallaght so if its too big to collect maybe I can sort out getting it to you?

Cheers

6th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

I would be interested in this?! Is it for free? Can collect if needs be..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Well I put it up here because I wanted to find someone whop would genuinely be interested in cleaning it up and giving it a good home. I'm hardly a famous artist but it still means alot to me. Would love some photos of it once its restored and maybe some of it as its being restored.

If it was being fixed up to sell on then I wouldnt be so sure but drop me a PM.

Please note it looks very dull now as those pics are 8 years old ... well you know how untreated wood gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

can you post up some pics of its current state please? I wouldn't take it to sell it on... Id like to bring it back to its original state... I could collect it in my van but if possible could you meet me half way somewhere to collect it?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

6th wrote: »
    Ok I did a piece about 8 years ago and its been badly neglected ... my bad.

Anyway its been sitting in mothers garden and its got to be shifted soon. I'll post pictures but basically its two large pieces of oak (from a single piece) about 5'6" joined with copper. Its aged now, the wood in greyed and the cooper is very dark ... not like in the pics.

So I want to give it to someone who will restore it and give it a home. All I want are photos of it.

working.jpg

SCULPTURE.jpg

Mods I hope this thread is ok, I'm not selling the piece, I just want a good home and maybe someone here might see it as an interesting project.

I'm based in Tallaght so if its too big to collect maybe I can sort out getting it to you?

Cheers

6th
    did you pass that that piece on if not ive just the spot for it

Advertisement