Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IPPA Update - Whats been going on?

Options
  • 11-12-2007 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Well im sure that some of you have been wondering just what the heck the IPPA (Irish Paintball Players Association) have been doing all this time and is it work my bother keeping an interest in their cause. Well, yes it is worth your while cause it is your interests also, not just ours ( Charlie, Colm, Dave, Eoin, Richie, Rob, Jullian). We are tipping away for the cause, working slowly but surely. Rome was not built in a day after all.

We have written some pretty dam good letters to the people who we want to talk to i.e. The Minister for Justice and the Garda Commissioner, those letters were sent out in May. We got a reply back from the assistant commissioner acknowledging the receipt of the letter and that they would be in touch soon........ not this year. The same story with the DOJ, getting a receipt just to say that they got the letter and that it is in the system.

So, what is the latest in our battle to clarify the legal status for markers and to improve it for the player? Well I got a call from the DOJ today basically saying that our letter have finally got to the top of the cue and that the issue is going to be looked at.

So what does this mean? Well it means, that as far as I know (some one correct me) we are further that any other person or body in actually trying to address the issue of paintball markers and the inadequacy of the 1 joule clause in the revised Criminal Justice Bill, CJB. We will be meeting with the representative from the DOJ in the next two weeks to bring them up to speed on the paintball situation and to actually let them experience a bit of paintballing as the guys in this particular office have never been as far as I could tell. So the first meeting will be the start of it, they tell us the issues they are facing and vise-verse. Then we plan for the next meeting to see where the change that is needed can be made, either in the legislation or with the Gards.

Another issue you may have been wondering about is membership. The membership issue is sort of dependent on this meeting with the DOJ and how all that goes. If it all goes well and there looks like there will be a big light at the end of the tunnel, then the IPPA will step up a notch and get going on becoming a more official body and start to sign up members.

So all in all, its another step forward for the IPPA and Paintball in Ireland. Hopefully, Christmas will come early for us.

B'gud

more info: http://www.paintballer.ie/viewtopic.php?t=1757

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Best of luck guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Absolutely brilliant.

Best of luck guys and keep us posted. :)

Your brothers-in-non-lethal-projectile-sports support you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Well done lads!
    Best of luck, it must be nice to have some clearway after a year of hard work
    :)

Advertisement