Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVR-500r Versus ipod itouch

Options
  • 11-12-2007 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have bought a dogcam/bullet camera (helmet camera) & I use this to record cross country chase/horse footage etc. When I use the device at the moment I record to to a camcorder but it powers off because of the movement/shock. The dogcam web site are promoting a DogCam Digital Hard Disk Recording System PVR-500r and I am wondering I I buy the ipod itouch would it do the same thing for me?
    There web site claims the PVR-500r. Records video from a helmet camera at full 720x576 resolution. This is the PAL standard at 25fps.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm sorry, what do you want to do witht he ipod touch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stiofainD

I want to record from the helmet camera directly into the ipod itouch device. Really I would need to see the connection/input/outputs from the itouch to see if it would work. Dogcam (manufacturers) as saying if itouch can record video from a tv or vcr then you can use it to record from a bullet camera. I don't think that it can though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

No you can't do this, the touch has no video recording abilities unfortunately.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The Archos 605 has a helmetcam facility that can do this apparantly, although I don't have the camera and attachment. I don't know what resolution it can record at either but I have seen that it can do it. Might be worth looking into.

Advertisement