Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad music in dublin city

Options
  • 10-12-2007 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Any suggestions where to go on a friday or saturday night. good lively place.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

The Cobblestone, Smithfield is always good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Had a great night inn temple bar bar, last week. If you can handle all the tourists and expensive drink you'll have a good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Loxosceles

I agree with the Cobblestone if you're seeking Trad Trad, and would add second floor of Oliver St. John Gogarty's in Temple Bar after 9 PM if you don't mind a pile of drunk Americans mimicking Riverdance and the musicians taking the p!55 out of it. Really good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭eire1

Is the Oliver St. John Gogarty really strict with their 21 and over rule? My mates are mainly 20 and have never really been out on a proper trad night + I want to bring them there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Loxosceles

Gogarty's is very strict with age due to hour and neighbourhood, but on Sundays at the Brazen Head you can probably get into the restaurant end where the band is, and have a cuppa tea. The session is at 1.30.

• Advertisement
Advertisement