Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economist Subscription

Options
  • 10-12-2007 6:44pm

If you have one - what day does your mag arrive. I got a subscription but it only gets delivered each Monday - would be much better if I got it on the post the previous Friday. By Monday it's well out of date. Anybody have a sub that arrives on the previous Friday - if so who did you get it through?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

If you live in a Dublin postcode, they can arranged to have it delivered on Friday. I've had mine delivered on Monday each of the past four weeks, though.

Otherwise, there's nothing they can do. Or at least that's what they told me about a year ago.

Mine arrived on Friday - and come off it, its not out of date by monday.

Most of the time sensitive material has already happened. Its the reasoning that is important, and that is not time critical.

Ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Most of the time sensitive material has already happened. Its the reasoning that is important, and that is not time critical.

Ass.

And Iain takes a holiday for that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

It comes Monday for me. I have a subscription to the economist but I'm letting it lapse. With the economist on-line thingy i found myself having read through most of the magazine anyway by the time it came out. There's a host of other good (if not better) resources out there anyway so i don't think it's worth it any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

If you live in Dublin, ring the distributors (number on the plastic envelope) I get mine delivered on the Thursday or Friday at the very latest.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

my sister got me a Subscription Last year and Without fail it always arraived on the friday.

I usually never got time to read it till the monday anway

Ass.

it's more of a case that I'd like to have to read on Sat and Sun to be honest than the material being out of date.... I did contact the company and they said that they would try to get it to me on the Friday but no difference so I don't think that I'm going to renew it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bananarepublic

anyone got like the 70% off discount link for this? works out about 69 euro for a year . Cant find it anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

you also get an online subscription for free as part of your subscription, so if you need that immediate information you can check it out online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement