Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

December 9th programme 9 PM

Options
  • 09-12-2007 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says its an hour later as BBC did'nt want it stealing viewers from the piss-poor Sports Bore of the Year.

The highlight should be the Britcar 24 hour race at Silverstone using the trios home grown fuel. Someone crashes, wonder who?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Looking forward to this one.

Didn't know they were going to finally use the bio fuel. lol.

Was that a sarcastic "wonder who?" ? :p Twas mentioned in last weeks ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Keith Allen savign the planet in his 3.2 jag. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I want the big yellow shouty car!! :D

I want to enter a 24hr race. I think boards needs to enter a car in one. 20 or 30 euro from every member will get us up and running.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

What a shocker richard "i like making total and utter ****e of cars" hammond wrecked the shop! :)

• Advertisement

HE seemed genuinly upset for letting the lads down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Brill ep. I was genuinely delighted the bmw made the finish. Epic indeed.

New fastest car, what a demon! Ascari A10.

Pld guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jezza, dry your eyes! :)

Those 24 races are the buisness, so much oppotunity for stuff to go wrong and changes in the weather. One here would be a race against the elements rather than other cars.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Really enjoyed tonights episode. Another break now for the "Billiards" next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

damn i missed it, when is the repeat or is there somewhere online i can watch it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Its usually repeated wednesdays at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Another class episode. The "my zip is broken" bit was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

GAAman wrote: »
    What a shocker richard "i like making total and utter ****e of cars" hammond wrecked the shop! :)

he really is prone to crashing isn't he

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

i would of loved to seen how they would of got on if hammond didnt crash!
    the stig was unbelievable, he got them up 10 places in no time at all until the car gave up on him i think... there was so much goin on in that episode that i cant rem it all! so funny with the stig, he is purely a machine! :) emotionless!

brilliant episode!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

I laughed my ass of at this bit.

Dont look if ya havnt seen it yet :D

http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=18462_TopGear_122_1095lo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Great ep :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Very funny and entertaining episode, loved the 24 hour race.

wonder what there gonna do for the final ep now

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭the magician

I laughed my ass of at this bit.

Dont look if ya havnt seen it yet :D

http://img120.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=18462_TopGear_122_1095lo.jpg

Really funny alright, great episode.

my little homage to the 24hour race the lads did

TG24Hr.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Excellent episode as usual. Keith Allen was a bit of a prat but the Britcar race was hugely entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

What i think was interesting about the episode is that whoever was working in sign on for the race in silverstone that day knows who the stig is. He would have had to give in his motorsport licence etc. to take part in the race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Beekay wrote: »
    What i think was interesting about the episode is that whoever was working in sign on for the race in silverstone that day knows who the stig is. He would have had to give in his motorsport licence etc. to take part in the race

Yes, that was certainly the most interesting part of the episode :rolleyes:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Beekay wrote: »
    Did the race require motorsport licences? I thought hammond was the only one of the three presenters with a race lience?

It's always been a source of interest to me how they have managed to keep two stigs anonymous. A fair number of people must know. In this day and age, it's difficult to keep a secret this big off the internet. Fair play.

The Health and Safety report into Hammonds crash (the big one!) revealed the stigs identity as
    Ben Foster

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

If I check that out when I get home, and it's true, I'm deleting your post and crying for a while.

I think that was one of the best episodes yet, I really really want to do a 24 hr race now.

AND get my BMX out of the garage.

/EDIT: omg he was right :cryface:

He also said there was no Santa?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

mike65 wrote: »
    The Health and Safety report into Hammonds crash (the big one!) revealed the stigs identity as
    Ben Foster

Mike.

A motorsport licence would be needed to take part in the race. I read that health and safety report before. I also read on a motorsport forum that it wasn't the usual stig(they use two or three different drivers) that did the 24 hour race.

Where does it say
    Ben Foster
    ? Only thing i can find in the report that would give an idea who the stig is this
    Visit by Ben Collins (BC) to PTLE
    37. The preliminary arrangements for the event had been made at arm’s length, with the result that, as the date of the Elvington shoot approached, no-one from Top Gear had actually met PTLE’s principals or seen their jet cars. The jet car feature was considered to be sufficiently unusual and hazardous for GW to ask BC, who worked closely with Top Gear as a high performance driver and consultant, to go and see PTLE and Vampire, and to prepare a briefing for RH. It was felt that, with his extensive motor sport experience, he would be able to confirm PTLE’s competence and the quality of their equipment, and be able to see through them if they were not genuine. (This was a significant step because Top Gear had not used BC in this way before.)
    38. BC visited PTLE’s premises near Northampton on Monday 18th June. He seems to have been convinced of their bona fides. He telephoned PD to confirm his conclusions and prepared a briefing paper that he e-mailed to GW. This described Vampire’s controls and tried to prepare RH for the experience of driving the jet car.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yeah, just noticed that there when I re-read it, I read it rather hurriedly in work.

So it's
    Ben Collins? I'm still not convinced. By reading the article, it looks like he *may* have just been brought in for that episode, to advise on that car only?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

BFassassin wrote: »
    Its usually repeated wednesdays at 7.

What channel? I missed this episode (Sky+ went haywire) and can't find a repeat in any listings... :(

I really wanted to watch the 24h-race feature as an old friend of mine also competed (the lads in the Golf who started at the back and finished 9th) and was in the garage next to to the TG crew.

• Advertisement

Snooker is on tonight so its usual repeat slot is gone.

Mike.

Advertisement